Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-25T17:55:02Z by GMan_Partners
GMan_Partners
GMan_Partners
16 Posts

Pinned topic iProject can't find .project file

‏2012-09-19T13:03:09Z |
I created a new IBM i project in iProject view. The next day it is not listed in iProject Navigator view. I went into the Navigator view to try to "Open Project" (I did not close it) and I get the following error message in a popup box:

'Open project' has encountered a problem. The project description file (.project) for project name is missing. This file contains important information about the project. The project will not function properly until this file is restored.

When I go to the folder where my project is located (local Windows server) the .project file is there (I can open it in Word Pad). If I delete the project and create a new one everything seems to work fine...until the next day.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am using RDp Version 8.5. Thanks in advance.

--GMan
Updated on 2012-09-25T17:55:02Z at 2012-09-25T17:55:02Z by GMan_Partners
  • GMan_Partners
    GMan_Partners
    16 Posts

Re: iProject can't find .project file

‏2012-09-25T17:55:02Z  
    Well, it seems I've solved the problem on my own. I had mapped a drive to a folder on a Windows Server (P:) and was using that path (plus sub-folder) for my project. After several days of doing the same thing over and over (and expecting different results...I know) I decided to try something different. I used the path \\servername\sharename\folder\subfolder instead of the mapped drive (as I did on other projects) and now everything is fine. I had thought that using the mapped drive would simplify things for me, but clearly it was too complicated for RDp and/or Windows 7 (Professional).

I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this behavior, but as long as I have it working without reinventing my project on a daily basis, I'm good.

--GMan