Topic
  • No replies
robbiii
robbiii
2 Posts

Pinned topic Problems with Universal Agent and Cluster (Windows)

‏2012-09-19T07:34:51Z |
Hi

I run into problems with an universal agent in a cluster environment.

What I would like to do is, to install the windows os agent on the physical nodes.
To install a cluster agent on the physical nodes, register the resource in the cluster and show this agent with the cluster resource name in the tep portal.
Install a universal agent on the physical nodes, register the resource in the cluster and show this agent with the cluster resourcename in the portal, next to the cluster agent.

I have set parameters for the os agents CTIRA_HOSTNAME and CTIRA_SYSTEM_NAME to the local hostname
and have set parameters for the ua agent CTIRA_HOSTNAME and CTIRA_SYSTEMNAME to the cluster resource name.

The behaviour in the TEP portal is a little bit strange.

In one view in the portal I see the clustername under the windows section and under it the cluster agent, universal agent and the os agent. The second node is displayed under its name with the os agent.

If I switch the resource in the cluster(cluster and ua agent) to the other node, the view in teps looks different.
Here i see one node with a os agent. Another noder with an os agent and an empty ua agent. And the cluster resource with the cluster agent and the asfs dp provider from the ua agent.

All agents run with an ad user which is in the local administrators group.

Does someone could imagine why this happens or does someone have successful installed an ua agent this way?
I'm thankful for any hint to get this working?

Regards
Rob