Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-20T00:44:48Z by iDoctor
Leatherlips
Leatherlips
3 Posts

Pinned topic DBL3BASE* jobs?? Anyone know what these are, and what their purpose is?

‏2012-09-18T18:11:43Z |
On a v5r3 system, I'm seeing times that system seems to slow to a crawl and when looking at active jobs, there are several of these DBL3BASET01 jobs running with high cpu useage.

I can't find information on what these are. They're some kind of system job, and I can't view the job, locks etc.

Attachment shows the jobs.

Thanks!
Updated on 2012-09-20T00:44:48Z at 2012-09-20T00:44:48Z by iDoctor
  • amcusack
    amcusack
    2 Posts

Re: DBL3BASE* jobs?? Anyone know what these are, and what their purpose is?

‏2012-09-18T22:53:53Z  
    have a look at this thread, might be something thee for you

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=249623
  • Leatherlips
    Leatherlips
    3 Posts

‏2012-09-18T23:33:53Z  
    • amcusack
    • ‏2012-09-18T22:53:53Z
    have a look at this thread, might be something thee for you

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=249623
    Thanks for the link amcusack.

I can't tell from that post if the DBL3BASE* jobs are unique to the "job watcher" from iDoctor or not. My system in question isn't supposed to have that product on it.
  • Leatherlips
    Leatherlips
    3 Posts

‏2012-09-19T13:11:07Z  
    Thanks for the link amcusack.

I can't tell from that post if the DBL3BASE* jobs are unique to the "job watcher" from iDoctor or not. My system in question isn't supposed to have that product on it.
    What I've been able to find is that these tasks are “DBL3” - Database Level 3 tasks
    Seems to have to do with indexing. I'm not sure if these only apply when using SMP (symmetric multiprocessing), or if these tasks run regardless of the SMP being on/off.
    Now I have to find out why these tasks are running and sucking up all the CPU!
  • iDoctor
    iDoctor
    2 Posts

‏2012-09-20T00:44:48Z  
    What I've been able to find is that these tasks are “DBL3” - Database Level 3 tasks
    Seems to have to do with indexing. I'm not sure if these only apply when using SMP (symmetric multiprocessing), or if these tasks run regardless of the SMP being on/off.
    Now I have to find out why these tasks are running and sucking up all the CPU!
    At 5.3 if you want to tell if Job Watcher (iDoctor) is installed. Just look for library QIDRWCH. The command to start collections at 5.3 was called WCHJOB in that library.