Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-03-26T15:19:51Z by C1FA_Rih_Ghosta
Jockey
Jockey
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Report Studio not launched from IBM Cognos Express 10.1

‏2012-09-18T08:42:01Z |
I have installed IBM Cognos Express 10.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate with 4GB RAM. All of the features could be use except Report Studio. When I tried to open Report Studio from IBM Cognos Express Manager - Launch - Report Studio, it would generate the error :
The web request failed.
404 - Not Found
URL: http://user-pc:19300/p2pd/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi

Response Text:
<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0-snapshot - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body>
HTTP Status 404 - /p2pd/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi
<HR size="1" noshade="noshade">

type Status report

message /p2pd/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi

description The requested resource (/p2pd/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi) is not available.
<HR size="1" noshade="noshade">
Apache Tomcat/6.0-snapshot
</body></html>

for three times. I also had configured virtual directory based on http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cx/v10r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ig_exprss.10.1.0.doc%2Ft_installingandconfiguringibmcognosexpressmanager.html to use cognos express gateway, but still have no change. Also, the pop-up blocker has been disabled.

Could somebody plz tell me how to configure the cognos express so that Report Studio could be launched normally.

Thanks for the help.
Updated on 2012-09-20T14:29:32Z at 2012-09-20T14:29:32Z by Jockey
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    214 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Report Studio not launched from IBM Cognos Express 10.1

‏2012-09-18T22:57:56Z  in response to Jockey
    Hi Jockey,

Just confirming, did you install the software from the local drive as the administrator (i.e. right-click and select Run as Administrator).

I have previously made the mistake of installing from a Network drive using my own account (which has admin rights) and while everything appeared to install okay I couldn't get Report Studio and a couple of other sub components to work.

I fixed the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling from the local drive using the Run as Administrator option.

Honestly, I have no idea if yours is the same error as I can't remember the actual message I received.

Hope this helps.

Rod
    • Jockey
      Jockey
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-20T14:29:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Rod,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I installed it from "Run as Administrator".

Thank you
      • C1FA_Rih_Ghosta
        C1FA_Rih_Ghosta
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-20T20:54:52Z  in response to Jockey

I'm having the exact same problem.

:(

rih9000

• C1FA_Rih_Ghosta
          C1FA_Rih_Ghosta
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-26T15:19:51Z  in response to C1FA_Rih_Ghosta

p.s. I've reinstalled Cognos Express from my C: drive but I'm still gettting this error.

I believe that it has something to do with Cognos not being able to access the Content Store.

I can create a report in Report Studio, but when I try to save it, Cognos bombs. I think that when it tries to write the XML version of the report to the Content Store, it's unable to get access. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks for any help.

rih9000