Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-02T16:50:24Z by laurieaw
lakshgupta
lakshgupta
34 Posts

Pinned topic Academic version of IBM InfoSphere Streams?

‏2012-09-15T03:01:48Z |
Is there an academic version of IBM Infosphere Streams available to use for free? (not trial version)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts

Re: Academic version of IBM InfoSphere Streams?

‏2012-09-15T08:37:50Z  
    Hi Lakshgupta check here <link>https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/university/software/get_software.html<link>
  • Kevin_Foster
    Kevin_Foster
    98 Posts

‏2012-09-15T18:54:00Z  
    The link came up slightly wrong for me, so will offer this one too.

-Kevin
  • lakshgupta
    lakshgupta
    34 Posts

‏2012-09-16T04:50:47Z  
    The link came up slightly wrong for me, so will offer this one too.

-Kevin
    Thank you Chris and Kevin. Found it.
  • CoryJKleinheksel
    CoryJKleinheksel
    4 Posts

‏2012-10-01T21:43:09Z  
    Thank you Chris and Kevin. Found it.
    I know you probably already downloaded and are using InfoSphere 2.0.0 from the Academic Initiative, but I would also suggest going to Fix Central to download Streams 2.0.4.

The latest fix pack has additional features and fixes, and I believe the 2.0.4 version is not available directly from Academic Initiative.

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/
  • laurieaw
    laurieaw
    72 Posts

‏2012-10-02T16:50:24Z  
    I know you probably already downloaded and are using InfoSphere 2.0.0 from the Academic Initiative, but I would also suggest going to Fix Central to download Streams 2.0.4.

The latest fix pack has additional features and fixes, and I believe the 2.0.4 version is not available directly from Academic Initiative.

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/
    Cory is correct, you can go to fix central to get the latest fixpack. However there are some things you need to keep in mind that have been gotchas for some customers:

1. InfoSphere Streams has three different "editions": Product, Developer and Non-Production Environment. Each "edition" had its own uniquely named license certificate file. The file for each edition can be found on the Academic Initiative site.
    2. The latest 2.0.0.x fix pack can be found on fix central. The fix pack is a tar file that contains multiple tar files. One of the tar files within is the Streams code. So you have to untar the tar file then untar the streams code tar file.
    3. Make sure you download the fixpack that matches the edition you are using. The license certificate file and the fix pack must be for the same edition.

For example if I want to use the Developer edition on a x86_64 RHEL system. I need to download the IBM InfoSphere Streams Developer Edition V2.0 Product License Certificate from Academic Initiative site. Then go to fix central and down load the latest fix pack for the InfoSphere Streams Developer edition for x86_64. FYI, The license certificate file must be in the same directory as the installation binary for the streams code.