Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-24T16:49:27Z by SystemAdmin
NGUM_karthik_katakam
2 Posts

Pinned topic Host cannot ping itself problem?

‏2012-09-14T19:00:51Z |
$ ./start.sh
WARNING: The host cannot ping itself (`ping home-b23233423b`).
This could indicate that the host is using a dynamic IP address. BigInsights only supports static IP addresses.
Do you want to continue? y/n
y
Extracting Java ....
Java extraction complete, using JAVA_HOME=/biginsights-basic-linux64_b20120822_2100/_jvm/ibm-java-x86_64-60
Verifying port 8300 availability
./start.sh: line 91: netstat: command not found
port 8300 available
Starting BigInsights Installer cygwin warning:
MS-DOS style path detected: E:\linux\biginsights-basic-linux64_b20120822_2100\installer-console/bin/jpa.jar
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /biginsights-basic-linux64_b20120822_2100/installer-console/bin/jpa.jar
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Updated on 2012-09-24T16:49:27Z at 2012-09-24T16:49:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

Re: Host cannot ping itself problem?

‏2012-09-14T19:13:51Z  
    Hi,

1. The first issue needs to be fixed.
    Please make sure you are using a static ip, and you can ping your host, etc.
    Some more details for the installation pre-req's, please refer to:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/bigins/v1r4/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.install.doc/doc/c0057608.html

2 The issue with netstat not being found and DOS path. I have not seen it before.
    Please provide the version of BigInsights you are installing and OS level/version of the system and I will investigate.
    Any idea where is this coming from: "E:\linux\biginsights-basic-linux64_b20120822_2100\installer-console/bin/jpa.jar" ?

Thank you,

Zach
  • NGUM_karthik_katakam
    2 Posts

‏2012-09-15T05:38:42Z  
    Hi,

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/bigins/v1r4/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.install.doc/doc/c0057608.html

2 The issue with netstat not being found and DOS path. I have not seen it before.
    Please provide the version of BigInsights you are installing and OS level/version of the system and I will investigate.
    Any idea where is this coming from: "E:\linux\biginsights-basic-linux64_b20120822_2100\installer-console/bin/jpa.jar" ?

Thank you,

Zach
    I am using reliance netconnect so it is generating only dynamic ip address.

so how can i use static ip address?

is there any default IP address to run infosphere?

this is the version i am using: IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition V1.4.0.1 for Linux (64-bit)

please tell me how to use static IP address if my system generating dynamic IP address?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

‏2012-09-17T16:50:20Z  
    I am using reliance netconnect so it is generating only dynamic ip address.

so how can i use static ip address?

is there any default IP address to run infosphere?

this is the version i am using: IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition V1.4.0.1 for Linux (64-bit)

please tell me how to use static IP address if my system generating dynamic IP address?
    Hi,
    As the error indicates
    "BigInsights only supports static IP addresses."

I am not aware of any work around for this issue. Sorry.

Thanks,

Zach
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

‏2012-09-24T16:49:27Z  
    Hi,

Thank you,

Zach
    Hi,

One other quick comment about your environment.

Looks like you're trying to install on Windows which is also not a supported platform:

>>MS-DOS style path detected: E:\linux\biginsights-basic-linux64_b20120822_2100\installer-console/bin/jpa.jar

Thanks,

Zach