Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-02T21:36:04Z by Alphin
nismaa
nismaa
1 Post

Pinned topic What is the output of Read XML activity?

‏2012-09-14T02:41:57Z |
Hi I am trying to input an xml string into the Read XML activity and get an xml output from it. When I provide the output of this activity to a web service I am getting the below 2 errors -

1. Exception while processing web service activity. Error message: Unsupported Content-Type: text/html Supported ones are: text/xml. Caused by: Unsupported Content-Type: text/html Supported ones are: text/xml.

2. Encountered fault of type (webservice.invoke.operation), please see rest of the log for more information

Does the Read XML activity output content of type text/html? How can I convert it to text/xml?
  • SivaKumar Kothakota
    SivaKumar Kothakota
    14 Posts

Re: What is the output of Read XML activity?

‏2013-07-02T17:12:55Z  

The read xml activity will takes xml string as input , it parses it and then it gives xml as an ouptput.

I think it is not possible to convert that xml to html or text.

• Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    47 Posts

‏2013-07-22T11:06:29Z  

You many need to set the Content-Type header on your Web Service invoke activity to tell it you are sending text/xml in the body.  You can set the HTTP headers in the Map Inputs if you right click on the To Activity side of the mapping and select "Show Optional Parameters"

• Alphin
    Alphin
    7 Posts

‏2014-04-02T21:36:04Z  

Hi,

Please verify the namespace of input xml string and the xsd used in ReadXML activity. ReadXML will give you false positive even if you use a different namespace. See whether the input to WebService Invoke activity is properly populated in runtime.

Also please check whether the target webservice sending proper response back to CI or not. Cast Iron expect xml response from webservice but it may receive html/string response. This will also cause above issue.