Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-18T17:24:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
300 Posts

Pinned topic "Exception thrown by application class" error after installing 5.0.0.3

‏2012-09-13T16:07:32Z |
Hello all, after a clean install, I am getting the error below. This is my configuration:

WLS 5.0.0.3
Liberty profile installed with WLS
MySQL databse
JDBC driver

Exception thrown by application class
'com.worklight.core.auth.impl.AuthenticationContext.getOrCreateAuthenticationContext
():101'
null
at
com.worklight.core.auth.impl.AuthenticationContext.getOrCreateAuthenticationContext
(AuthenticationContext.java:101)
at com.worklight.core.auth.impl.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter
(AuthenticationFilter.java:92)

The stack trace in the server.log points to here:

:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver not found in Worklight platform or project /worklight

I am not using authentication, nor I have created any projects per say. I a currently going over again over the settings and configuration material.

Does anyone have a lead into what may be causing this exception to be thrown? Or maybe a lead on specific troubleshooting steps. I have done the prerequisite Google search and DeveloperWorks searches.

Ralph Pina
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

Re: "Exception thrown by application class" error after installing 5.0.0.3

‏2012-09-13T18:16:08Z  
    I'm not sure why you have this issue after a clean install, but a workaround was given here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14883579&#14883579
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-09-14T16:09:10Z  
    Can you please provide your worklight.properties file and the server.xml of your liberty profile. (The properties file is located in the war file that you have deployed to the Liberty profile)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-09-14T20:10:38Z  
    Hi RalphPina

Normally you get this error if the database access to the core WL database is not properly configured as Worklight tries to establish connectivity with the database at the startup.

Now what I suspect here is to what database your worklight is configured to connect to and if it is using some invalid driver configuration values or to any invalid database location or invalid database credentials, then you would see such errors.

For that reason I have asked you to send me the server.xml for your liberty as well as worklight.properties file or you can take a look at them to see if it is configured correctly.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-09-18T17:24:21Z  
    Thanks a ton! It was the hsqldb.jar file missing in my /opt/IBM/Worklight/server/wlp$ cd usr/shared/resources/lib folder. Once I added that I was able to hit the login screen at localhost:8080/worklight/console