Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-13T17:56:06Z by sumithar
sumithar
sumithar
115 Posts

Pinned topic LPEX Editor ISPF Mode- inserting new lines

‏2012-09-13T13:17:19Z |
When using the LPEX editor in ISPF Mode in RDz I have run into a situation where I can't do what I do with ISPF
in the ISPF editor I insert a new line by typing in "I" and hitting enter. Then when I enter some text and hit the "Enter" key it automatically inserts a new line and keeps doing it till I hit some key other than "Enter". This is invaluable when entering a series of new lines like you would typically do when editing.
the LPEX editor doesn't have this have this behavior and it's driving me demented- having to type in I for each new line.
Is there some setting I'm just not aware of?
Thanks!
Updated on 2012-09-13T17:56:06Z at 2012-09-13T17:56:06Z by sumithar
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts

Re: LPEX Editor ISPF Mode- inserting new lines

‏2012-09-13T13:36:21Z  
    We have the keystroke <CTRL+Enter> to insert a new line while working with ISPF profile.
    You can place the cursor at end of the line and type <CTRL+Enter> and it will open a new line.
  • sumithar
    sumithar
    115 Posts

Re: LPEX Editor ISPF Mode- inserting new lines

‏2012-09-13T17:56:06Z  
    We have the keystroke <CTRL+Enter> to insert a new line while working with ISPF profile.
    You can place the cursor at end of the line and type <CTRL+Enter> and it will open a new line.
    Duh- I've been using Ctrl-Enter as a replacement for TS, never thought to use it when I wasn't splitting a line!
    I might as well quit using I to insert lines now.

Thanks!