Topic
No replies
Flintshire
Flintshire
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error code AA060011 after VIOS Reboot......

‏2012-09-12T09:29:10Z |
Hi,,

I’m after a bit of help please guys. I powered down all our LPARS and VIOS boxes due to essential electrical work taking place in our data centre. During the power up of the VIOS boxes one came up fine but the second box when powering up displays error code AA060011 on the HMC and displays the following error on the console during boot up

No operating system (OS) image was detected by firmware
At least one disk in the boot list was not found yet. Firmware is now retrying the entries in the boot list. Press Ctrl-C to stop retrying.

I have booted the VIOS up in SMS mode and have tried to set the bootlist to boot from the hdisks,, but the LPAR is unable to see the disks. I found it strange that both disks could have failed during the power down,, so booted from CD into diags.

I am able to see the disks in DIAGS and have checked them for errors and ran the CERTIFY MEDIA TASK and both disks pass the tests with out any issues. I have then set the bootlist in Diags as I can see the disks but after a boot again it errors with:

No operating system (OS) image was detected by firmware
At least one disk in the boot list was not found yet. Firmware is now retrying the entries in the boot list. Press Ctrl-C to stop retrying.

I logged a call with IBM and an engineer came to site to check if there were any hardware issues and they have said everything checks out ok.

Has anyone else had this issue??

Any Help would be appreciated

Cheers

Pau