• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-13T03:10:11Z by Tiya_
Tiya_
Tiya_
6 Posts

Pinned topic How to trigger adminMode=central in gpfs config

‏2012-09-12T07:58:48Z |
Hi, Expert

I would setup a gpfs cluster with ssh passwordless among limited group of nodes. So that is, between a central master and other cluster nodes there is passwordless ssh while between cluster nodes each other there is passwordful ssh.

I found adminMode seems to perform for this requirement. In the "adminMode configuration parameter" part in Administration and Programming Reference, there is some description to enable this feature. It seems there should be a node list to indicate who plays as the administrator node.

I tried "mmchconfig adminMode=central -N nodelist", "mmchconfig adminMode=nodelist" but failed.

So how to enable this feature?

Great thanks !!

Tiya
Updated on 2012-09-13T03:10:11Z at 2012-09-13T03:10:11Z by Tiya_
  • Tiya_
    Tiya_
    6 Posts

Re: How to trigger adminMode=central in gpfs config

‏2012-09-12T09:01:49Z  
    o ~~ I forgot to mask it as a question~~~
  • chr78
    chr78
    132 Posts

‏2012-09-12T09:11:21Z  
    Hi Tiya,

there is no need for specifying a list of nodes designated as "administrator-nodes" in AdminMode=central.
    Any node that has passwordless rsh/ssh to all other nodes can act as "administrator-node". All "passwordfull"
    nodes cannot act as "administrator-nodes".

And, by the way, AdminMode=central is default since gpfs-3.3, so I'd assume there's no need to change anything in your config.

cheers.
  • Tiya_
    Tiya_
    6 Posts

‏2012-09-13T03:10:11Z  
    • chr78
    • ‏2012-09-12T09:11:21Z
    Hi Tiya,

there is no need for specifying a list of nodes designated as "administrator-nodes" in AdminMode=central.
    Any node that has passwordless rsh/ssh to all other nodes can act as "administrator-node". All "passwordfull"
    nodes cannot act as "administrator-nodes".

And, by the way, AdminMode=central is default since gpfs-3.3, so I'd assume there's no need to change anything in your config.

cheers.
    Thanks chr78 :)
    You are correct. I tried in my cluster and trigger mm commands from the central master, it works well.
    Some further, in such mode, some mm commands are limited to execute from one central node, according to Adimin Guide. What are these mm commands?
    In my case, now mmaddnode -N $ClientNode is done on central node, while mmchlicence client --accept -N $ClinetNode and mmstartup are on local client node.
    So if in central mode, should I move mmchlicence and mmstartup to central node?