Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-11-15T02:17:01Z by SystemAdmin
MMcGeary
MMcGeary
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic New version of nmon2web missing Process graphs

‏2012-09-11T15:34:15Z |
I recently updated to (what seems to be) the most recent version of nmon2web to solve an issue I was having with memory reporting on lpars with active memory expansion enabled.

The version I'm using is found here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=450798

The problem is that with this version, memory reporting works as expected but the process graph isn't generated for any of my systems. Is this a known issue with the current nmon2web version? I've been using those process graphs fairly regularly so hopefully there's a fix.

Thanks!
Updated on 2012-11-15T02:17:01Z at 2012-11-15T02:17:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2402 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: New version of nmon2web missing Process graphs

‏2012-11-15T02:17:01Z  in response to MMcGeary
    Same problem here, checked the rrd_graph commands created and executed them manually.
    Sometimes it worked but mostly it brought the error message:
    STACK must follow AREA or LINE.
    I changed line 414 from
    if ($line =~ /Stacked/ ) { $type="STACK"; }
    to
    if ($line =~ /Stacked/ ) { $type="AREA"; }
    If any stacked graph needs to be created, it will have the first argument with AREA than STACK.

Additionally I had the issue as my processes have underscores and were not shown correctly or due to incorrect split I had multiple processes with same name.
    Therefore i changed line 2142 from
    $device= (split(/_/,$rrdfile))[1];
    to
    $device= (split(/_/,$rrdfile, 2))[1];

The only open issue now is that I have so moany processes on the server that the process graph is running out of colors.