• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-17T23:29:41Z by SystemAdmin
Richard Allan
Richard Allan
12 Posts

Pinned topic TM1 Planner / Contributor Commentary

‏2012-09-11T09:05:01Z |
Hi

The new commentary feature in Planner / Contributor is great.
Is there any way to export out the commentary.

Cheers
Richard
Updated on 2012-09-17T23:29:41Z at 2012-09-17T23:29:41Z by SystemAdmin
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

Re: TM1 Planner / Contributor Commentary

‏2012-09-11T14:36:40Z  
    Please provide some details realted to your question. A screen shot will be great.

You need to know in which Cube your Comments are getting stored. Once you know that then you can use the *ASCIIOUTPUT() * function in TI to export the comments to a CSV file. Also in the TM1 Architect when you right click on the cube, there is an option Export as Data...
    Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • Richard Allan
    Richard Allan
    12 Posts

‏2012-09-13T07:12:49Z  
    Hi

Its not the comments stored in the cube - its the comments you can now add to the node hierarchy. Great feature but where is the commentary stored in case we want to export it. In the screenshot, the commentary is in the far column on the right.

Cheers
    Richard
  • vipirailo
    vipirailo
    63 Posts

‏2012-09-13T08:24:09Z  
    Hi

Its not the comments stored in the cube - its the comments you can now add to the node hierarchy. Great feature but where is the commentary stored in case we want to export it. In the screenshot, the commentary is in the far column on the right.

Cheers
    Richard
    Even if i'm not an expert of TM1 i know that all data in TM1 stored in cubes.
    Look at cube }CellAnnotations_YourCubeName or elist and then you can go the advices you have given by others.
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

‏2012-09-13T15:19:08Z  
    Hi

Cheers
    Richard
    I dont have Cognos Express installed but this information must be stored in one of the Control Cubes.

Have a look into one of }tp_application_state}{app_id} cube
  • Richard Allan
    Richard Allan
    12 Posts

‏2012-09-17T13:29:42Z  
    I dont have Cognos Express installed but this information must be stored in one of the Control Cubes.

Have a look into one of }tp_application_state}{app_id} cube
    Hi

I took a look at the control cubes and there is some useful stuff in there. However I couldn't see any of the commentary left by end users.
    I agree that it must be stored in a cube somewhere - I just can't find it!

Cheers
    Richard
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2012-09-17T23:29:41Z  
    Hi Richard,

Those comments are stored in the }ElementAnnotations_<Dimension> cube, where <Dimension> is the name of the dimension you are using for workflow.

Hope this helps.

Rod