Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-03T03:31:23Z by SystemAdmin
hanudeep
hanudeep
44 Posts

Pinned topic Stored procedure

‏2012-09-11T01:59:05Z |
I have a stored procedure with one i/p param(Char(30)) and 1 o/p param (char(1)).
The input param has all the space delimited values.
For example:
Code:char(1)
number:char(7)
I am not able to see any data...after i apply filter columnname=#prompt('code','char(2)',2)

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-10-03T03:31:23Z at 2012-10-03T03:31:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • hanudeep
    hanudeep
    44 Posts

Re: Stored procedure

‏2012-09-11T16:54:31Z  
    how to pass space delimited DB2 stored procedure input parameters in cognos framework 10.1?

Please reply ASAP.Appreciate your help.
  • Cog_Dimensional
    Cog_Dimensional
    29 Posts

‏2012-09-11T17:32:37Z  
    Can you please try this columnname= {exec storedprocedure_name #prompt('code','char')#} and keep us posted.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2012-09-11T20:37:13Z  
    Cognos is expecting a record set from the stored procedure, not an output parameter. You could either convert your stored procedure into a function or rewrite it so that it returns a result set. There is information on this topic in the FM User Guide:

[http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_fm.8.4.1.doc/ug_fm_i_stored_procedure_query_subjects.html
  • hanudeep
    hanudeep
    44 Posts

‏2012-09-28T18:02:22Z  
    Cognos is expecting a record set from the stored procedure, not an output parameter. You could either convert your stored procedure into a function or rewrite it so that it returns a result set. There is information on this topic in the FM User Guide:

[http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_fm.8.4.1.doc/ug_fm_i_stored_procedure_query_subjects.html
    How to use a data modification(i know that it writes records to the dB) Type Query as a query subject in cognos framework.Just want to know if it is possible to use this as a Query Subject?
    Please find the screenshot attached.Appreciate any suggestion Asap.

Thank you
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2012-09-29T03:08:28Z  
    • hanudeep
    • ‏2012-09-28T18:02:22Z
    How to use a data modification(i know that it writes records to the dB) Type Query as a query subject in cognos framework.Just want to know if it is possible to use this as a Query Subject?
    Please find the screenshot attached.Appreciate any suggestion Asap.

Thank you
    A data modification stored procedure would be a stored procedure which does not return a result set. This means that it is not possible to define a query subject with this type of stored procedure because you cannot define any data items as output of the stored procedure. If your procedure actually returns a result set then you should be using the other option for the procedure type. Data modification stored procedures are only usable in Event Studio.
  • hanudeep
    hanudeep
    44 Posts

‏2012-10-02T23:33:52Z  
    A data modification stored procedure would be a stored procedure which does not return a result set. This means that it is not possible to define a query subject with this type of stored procedure because you cannot define any data items as output of the stored procedure. If your procedure actually returns a result set then you should be using the other option for the procedure type. Data modification stored procedures are only usable in Event Studio.
    Thanks Phil for the prompt response.I have not stored procedures before i would appreciate if you could let me know How many in and out parameters can be used in the stored procedure.Currently i am using DB2 i series and cognos 10.1.And some more info on how stored procedure actually works in cognos.

Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2012-10-03T03:31:23Z  
    • hanudeep
    • ‏2012-10-02T23:33:52Z
    Thanks Phil for the prompt response.I have not stored procedures before i would appreciate if you could let me know How many in and out parameters can be used in the stored procedure.Currently i am using DB2 i series and cognos 10.1.And some more info on how stored procedure actually works in cognos.

Thanks in advance
    Start by reading the product documentation on the topic.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_fm.8.4.1.doc/ug_fm_i_stored_procedure_query_subjects.html

The answers to these questions are covered in this material.