Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-11T15:15:02Z by SystemAdmin
JCanipe
JCanipe
31 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to duplicate an object store

‏2012-09-10T17:30:34Z |
Running P8 5.1.0 on zLinux. Let's say you have an existing object store "ABC" and it consists of metadata and content. Now you want to duplicate this object store, on the same P8 domain, and name the new one "DEF". You want all the metadata and content to also be duplicated under the new object store. Is there a simple way, maybe some clone technique, to do this and not have to use the P8 export/import functions?
Thank you.
Updated on 2012-09-11T15:15:02Z at 2012-09-11T15:15:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • cwoliveira
    cwoliveira
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to duplicate an object store

‏2012-09-10T17:44:05Z  in response to JCanipe
    Hi,

When you mention "export/import functions", did you already tried FileNet Deployment Manager ? It usually works fine in order to deploy all or some objects from a Object Store to another one ?

Thanks,

Carlos
    • JCanipe
      JCanipe
      31 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-10T17:58:15Z  in response to cwoliveira
      Hi,
      My first idea was to see if there is a way to duplicate the database data and put it into a new schema (to represent the new object store). I would then duplicate the content by copying the ABC content to a new DEF file directory heirachy and edit the new object store to point to the new, DEF, file heirachy location. I can see that there will be duplicate GUIDs between object stores ABC and DEF, not sure if that will be a problem or not. If this above approach does not work, I can use export/import or DM.
      • cwoliveira
        cwoliveira
        31 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-10T18:31:46Z  in response to JCanipe
        Hi,

About GUID conflicts, I see some risks, for example the Object Store GUID referenced on GCDB and Storage Areas GUID's.

Also, even if this DB replication works successfully after you update some GUID's directly from SQL statements, certainly your product support could not be ensured from IBM.

Take a look on this redbook. They explain, for example, the structure of "Unique blob naming".

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247744.html

Thanks,
        • JCanipe
          JCanipe
          31 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-10T18:59:12Z  in response to cwoliveira
          Excellent.
          Thank you for the information and your help. Looks like I need to stick with export/import and/or DM.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      693 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-11T15:15:02Z  in response to cwoliveira
      Actually, FileNet Deployment Manager does not work good when transferring complex comfigurations between object stores. Be prepared to have various issues related to the inability of DM to resolve dependencies properly.