Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-11T14:43:05Z by BartekM
BWSN_John_McElroy
BWSN_John_McElroy
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Identifying Agent Status in the database

‏2012-09-10T15:24:13Z |
I am trying to setup a monitor on my company's TADd agent but instead of having over 10,000 monitor set up for each individual agent I want to set it up to watch the TADd database. Now i have searched the database schema, the online documantation and skimmed these forums a fair amount of times; and i haven;t found anything that plainly tells me how the Agent Status OK,Failed,Incomplete,Pending,Not connecting in the Admin console is represented via backend (DB). Would anyone happen to know?
Updated on 2012-09-11T14:43:05Z at 2012-09-11T14:43:05Z by BartekM
  • BartekM
    BartekM
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Identifying Agent Status in the database

‏2012-09-10T15:41:45Z  in response to BWSN_John_McElroy
    It will not be possible to get the exact status of the agent using public views in the database i believe

Instead you should use lmtcli to produce agents report
    getreport -format csv -report AgentsReport

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.lmt75.doc%2Fcom.ibm.license.mgmt.commands.doc%2Fgetreport.html

e.g. this should print on console number of agents which are not in OK state (+1 because of csv header)
    lmtcli.sh -u user_name -p user_password -c getreport -format csv -report AgentsReport -d /tmp/lmt && cd /tmp/lmt && unzip *.zip && cat .csv | grep -vce ^\"OK\". ; rm -f /tmp/lmt/*
    • BWSN_John_McElroy
      BWSN_John_McElroy
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-10T19:02:18Z  in response to BartekM
      Ok, is there a field that specifically tells which agents are not connecting other than doing a plugin time check for more than one day?

My main focus is finding a simple manner to to monitor the TADd database for non-connecting agents.
      • BartekM
        BartekM
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-11T14:43:05Z  in response to BWSN_John_McElroy
        In this case you can simply use AGENT_V.ACTIVE
        publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/lmt/v7r2m2/topic/com.ibm.license.mgmt.datadict.doc/r_agent_v.html

Agent is marked inactive after "maxAgentInactivity" minutes
        http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.lmt75.doc%2Fcom.ibm.license.mgmt.config.doc%2Fr_admin_parameters_in_database.html

The minimum is 1440 = 1day (what makes perfect sense since agents are not connecting server all the time, typically the most frequent type of agent<->server communication is so called 'download parameters', which is by default executed every 6h - it can be changed - parameter name 'down_parms_period')

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.lmt75.doc%2Fcom.ibm.license.mgmt.config.doc%2Fr_agt_parameters_in_database.html