Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-13T07:13:32Z by MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic 4604: Error(s) found in 4GL module

‏2012-09-10T09:15:01Z |
Dear All,

I hope you guys are good in health, My name is Mohammed Yazdani, basically am Oracle-Sun Administrator in Solaris10,Database and Application(ERP), Am new to this forum and new to Informix and 4GL, I am workig for GAZZAZ company in KSA, Our company is using these software from IBM for more than 15 years, We are using Informix Standard Edition database and Informix 4GL 7.32 version for text based forms on SCO UNIX 5.0.5.

Our company has given me additional responsibility to manage our legacy servers on which Informix and 4GL is running, so its like am trying to justify my role, and that's why am here, Am seeking help in regards with error in 4GL module. I hope you guys are best. Thank you in advance.
Why am working on this?
Coz someone has resigned, and someone has to takeover his responsibility, so its like cost cutting with additional responsibility and an opportunity to explore new things..... thanks 2 u all for your time in reading about me
My Work around

1. I contact IBM to an local vendor in Saudi Arabia, They did not support
2. I went to Google N reached this link below
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v111/index.jsp? topic=/com.ibm.em.doc/errors_ids111.html

3. Found Meaning of this error as it says in the above link

-4604 Errors found in 4GL module.

Select the Correct menu choice. You will be shown the module
source with error messages included.
Can I duplicate the error? " Yes below are the steps"

• #Su – Informix
• $i4gl
• On “Module” and hit enter
• Select “Modify” and hit enter
• Select a Program and hit enter
• Select Compile
• Select Runnable
• It says Correct errors in the 4GL module and give the above error

Thanks again, Waiting for your reply

Regards,
Mohammed Yazdani
Updated on 2012-09-13T07:13:32Z at 2012-09-13T07:13:32Z by MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1143 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 4604: Error(s) found in 4GL module

‏2012-09-10T16:02:47Z  in response to MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
    Hi Mohammed,

The -4604 error basically means that compiling the 4gl module fails. The error can be caused by many things, such as the module file cannot be read or is not found, forking a child process fails, etc.

You can try to compile the module with Informix c4gl command from command line and see if it would go through OK. Please refer to the Informix 4GL Reference Manual below about how to use c4gl command:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/ct1vbna.pdf

HTH.

Yunming
    • MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-11T07:31:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi yunming,

I am obliged for your support, God bless you, I have read the PDF especially about Compiling a 4GL Module, It says "We can compile a 4GL source file by entering a command of the form in the following format ===== c4gl source.4gl -o filename.4ge =============

Its Error out with following:-
      c4gl427: cc: not found

I think, I guess its a parameter(environment variable) related to c4gl function(C compiler program) which is not set correctly, I dunno what do u say?? Am still reading the document I hope something i can figure out but still I need your help, waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards,
      Mohammed Yazdani
      • MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-11T14:33:46Z  in response to MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
        Hi yunming,

Its an another update.

Actually, Original issue still persist when invoking "i4gl" to compile a text form, when invoking "c4gl" it gives "acomp: Warning-Product is not licensed"

I check the software resources and spoke to few people in IT, I see that Software Development Kit is available from sco unix.

So, I will try to install GNU C Compiler from "skunkware 98" CD.

Thanks Again
    • MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-11T12:25:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi yunming,

This is an update on issue, here are the steps i did further:-

• #Su – Informix
      • $vi .profile
      • export INFORMIXDIR=/usr/informix
      export INFORMIXSERVER=khobar
      export INFORMIXSQLHOSTS=/usr/informix/etc/sqlhosts
      export INFORMIXBIN=/usr/informix/bin
      export PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:$PATH
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$INFORMIXDIR/lib:$INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql:$INFORMIXDIR/lib/tools (as am using KSH shell)

• create a text form with name "a1.4gl"
      • install demo database "i4gldemo"
      • Compile text form a1.4gl with the command ======= "c4gl a1.4gl a1.4ge"
      • It errors out with following error c4gl427: cc: not found as i mentioned in my previous update

• going further i came to the website (http://www.pluzzi.com/pluzzi/os/openserver.html) where it talked about installation of C-Compiler via inserting SCO 5.0.5 CD, and then using "software manager utility" to install C -Compiler.

• I realised that it is licensed software package, which our company don't have so, I choose "deffer" which is 60 day trial version. In an attempt to compile the above form "a1.4gl". luckily I did not receive the original error " 4604: Error(s) found in 4GL module"

• However landed up in a new SCO UNIX error "acomp: Warning-Product is not licensed" which means in order to install C-
      compiler we have to pay to SCO UNIX as it says in the website "http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.sco.misc/2007-08/msg00082.html " and it costs $599

•Therefore above error(-4604) is resolved i believe, now have to find a way in order to get a free software package C-Compiler.
      Thanks for your help!
      Kind Regards
      Mohammed Yazdani
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1143 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-11T14:45:35Z  in response to MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
    Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the update! Good luck with finding a C complier.

Regards, Yunming
    • MWBE_Mohammed_Yazdani
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-13T07:13:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

God bless you,I hope you are in good health, I am coming back to you as the issue still persist even after installing SCO Optimizing C Compiler (ver 2.1.4d) and SCO Open Server Development System(ver 5.1.1A). i still get the same old error 4604: Error(s) found in 4GL module.
      I checked on this location if the required package is installed correctly, and this was advisable by SCO Unix Team
      /opt/K/SCO/unixds
      /usr/ccs/bin/cc
      /usr/bin/cc

When we trigger i4gl to compile text forms by following steps below

#Su – Informix
      • $i4gl
      • On “Module” and hit enter
      • Select “Modify” and hit enter
      • Select a Program and hit enter
      • Select Compile
      • Select Runnable
      • It says Correct errors in the 4GL module and give the above error