• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-10T10:39:58Z by vipirailo
vipirailo
vipirailo
63 Posts

Pinned topic TM1 websheet with Action Button

‏2012-09-07T09:30:45Z |
Hi, all
I need to add users comment entry after pushing action button.
User push button then dialog window to enter comments apears automatically. User submit comments into some cube and close dialog.
Any idea how can it be done, pls
Updated on 2012-09-10T10:39:58Z at 2012-09-10T10:39:58Z by vipirailo
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

Re: TM1 websheet with Action Button

‏2012-09-07T13:56:05Z  
    Very simple. To get this you need to create two separate websheets.

1)First spreadsheet is main sheet and the second spreadsheet for data entry.
    2)On the main form/websheet create an Action Button which jumps to another websheet.
    3)Second spread sheet will have DBRW formula which will point to the Comment measure - so that anything which is typed is stored in the cube straight away.
    4) On the 2nd websheet create another Action Button which will jump to your 1st websheet.

Hope that helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • vipirailo
    vipirailo
    63 Posts

‏2012-09-07T15:48:57Z  
    Very simple. To get this you need to create two separate websheets.

1)First spreadsheet is main sheet and the second spreadsheet for data entry.
    2)On the main form/websheet create an Action Button which jumps to another websheet.
    3)Second spread sheet will have DBRW formula which will point to the Comment measure - so that anything which is typed is stored in the cube straight away.
    4) On the 2nd websheet create another Action Button which will jump to your 1st websheet.

Hope that helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
    Great idea Rizwan. I'll try and post the relult ASAP.
    Also some clarification it's for custom approval process and the button is for reject. Users want submit the reason for rejection.
    I undersand your idea and am going to get this way. Thanks again
  • vipirailo
    vipirailo
    63 Posts

‏2012-09-10T10:39:58Z  
    Yes, it's working for me.
    Thank you, Rizwan