2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-07T13:08:17Z by ZhangZhao
ZhangZhao
ZhangZhao
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Mqm user unable to start mq agent

‏2012-09-06T21:25:17Z |
Hi All,
I configured MQ agent (7.0.1) for a Solaris 10 box from TEP. But it failed to start after the configuration. Omegamon ID had been defined and Omegamon ID has group of mqm on the Unix server. I also tried to start the mq agent manually... It failed to start by Omegamon ID, either.. But it was started by root.. Based on that, I think it was a permission issue.. Checking the /IBM/ITM/config, everything is on root.. I cannot figure out which files should be changed to omegamon:mqm.. It would be appreciable if anyone could gimme some ideas for this issue..
Below is the error msg I got when I was starting the agent by Omegamon:
$ pwd
/opt/IBM/ITM/bin
$
$ id
uid=1111(omegamon) gid=600(mqm)
$
$ ./itmcmd agent start mq
CandleAgent failure: KCI0769E product "mq" not installed for this architecture

Thanks.
Zhang
Updated on 2012-09-07T13:08:17Z at 2012-09-07T13:08:17Z by ZhangZhao
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Mqm user unable to start mq agent

‏2012-09-07T03:15:19Z  in response to ZhangZhao
    Hi. You may follow the instructions in the link to change the permissions.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/topic/com.ibm.omegamon.mes.doc_7.0.1/t_file_permission_unix.html
    • ZhangZhao
      ZhangZhao
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Mqm user unable to start mq agent

‏2012-09-07T13:08:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Wang,
      Thank you for your reply.. But could you please let me know which files should belong to omegamon:mqm? Because I installed/configured another MQ agent on another solaris box as the exactly same procedure and the mq agent has been running correctly... I don't know why I have this permission issue on this box.. So I compared all the files under /IBM/ITM foler and /IBM/ITM/sol283/mq to make sure all files have same permission and ownership... I found under /opt/IBM/ITM/sol283/mq/hist/VS1CN4063, nothing generated.. Can you tell me why?
      Zhang