3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-10T08:51:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5507 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RPT v8.2.1.5 - Issue w/Request Headers

‏2012-09-06T00:54:52Z |
Hello fellow RPT users/developers:

I'm working on a project in which we're testing an integration between MS-Outlook 2010 and a web based J2EE application. I've successfully captured HTTP traffic from a plugin in Outlook to our web based application, however, an essential request header that was recorded in the script is not being sent during replay. The specific request header is an "Authorization" header that is required for basic authentication.

Has anyone dealt with such an issue or do you have any suggested workarounds/fixes? I've attached some screen shots of the header and test log comparisons for more context. Thank you for your time in reading my post!
Updated on 2012-11-10T08:51:58Z at 2012-11-10T08:51:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RPT v8.2.1.5 - Issue w/Request Headers

‏2012-09-06T00:56:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    //Attaching screen shot of recorded request headers.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5507 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RPT v8.2.1.5 - Issue w/Request Headers (or Basic Authentication?)

‏2012-09-12T20:42:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      This may be an issue with Basic Authentication. It's unclear if it's RPT or SUT related.

As mentioned in the original post, Authorization Headers were captured during recording yet were not sent during replay. During debugging, two iterations of the same business process were re-recorded. In the first iteration, Basic Auth. credentials (along with Authorization Headers) were recorded. However, in the second iteration only Authorization Headers were recorded.

It was observed that Basic Authentication always failed during replay of the test script. However, when Basic Auth. in the first iteration was commented out OR when the second iteration (without Basic Auth.) was replayed, the subsequent requests were successful.

I attempted to put the Basic Auth. credentials in a Datapool, but it resulted in the same request failure. If you've had any experience or troubleshooting Basic Auth. issues in RPT, your feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RPT v8.2.1.5 - Issue w/Request Headers

‏2012-11-10T08:51:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    dear friends, is your basic authentication problem have been coped ,
    for also I have meet the same problem like you.