Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-06T03:06:00Z by mgibson
mgibson
mgibson
20 Posts

Pinned topic Another question from a noob...

‏2012-09-06T00:32:33Z |
I have just reverse engineered a database and noticed that the default diagram that is created only shows the table name and relationships. How can I get the diagram to also show the columns? As I'm used to diagrams that show both the Table and columns.

I tried to find this in the help, and experimented with some of the property settings, but couldn't sort it out.

I'm sure there's a simple answer that's escaped me.

Thanks in advance.

Mick
Updated on 2012-09-06T03:06:00Z at 2012-09-06T03:06:00Z by mgibson
  • reital
    reital
    58 Posts

Re: Another question from a noob...

‏2012-09-06T02:05:32Z  
    Hi Mick .

You can show the columns/index etc from the diagram property view .
    Using toolbar menu Windows->Show View -> Properties to open the property view .
    Then click the blank space of the diagram , the properties will show the diagram's property view . In the "Filters" tab, the checkbox under the "compartment display options" allows to filter/unfilter the pk/column/index/trigger on the diagram .

Thanks .
    -Tao
  • mgibson
    mgibson
    20 Posts

Re: Another question from a noob...

‏2012-09-06T03:06:00Z  
    • reital
    • ‏2012-09-06T02:05:32Z
    Hi Mick .

You can show the columns/index etc from the diagram property view .
    Using toolbar menu Windows->Show View -> Properties to open the property view .
    Then click the blank space of the diagram , the properties will show the diagram's property view . In the "Filters" tab, the checkbox under the "compartment display options" allows to filter/unfilter the pk/column/index/trigger on the diagram .

Thanks .
    -Tao
    Tao,

Thanks for the quick reply! It's not very intuitive, but it does work!

Regards
    Mick