Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-06T01:22:08Z by Rizwan.Kaif
HETJ_Dan_Miller
HETJ_Dan_Miller
4 Posts

Pinned topic Active Form Performance Issue

‏2012-09-05T16:35:09Z |
When I create an active form, it seems to refresh and update fine; however, when I go to save the excel file, it freezes up. I don't think it actually freezes, it just takes hours to save the file. Also when I then try to open it I get the same slow pwerformance. Any suggestions, as it's causing major headaches.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-09-06T01:22:08Z at 2012-09-06T01:22:08Z by Rizwan.Kaif
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

Re: Active Form Performance Issue

‏2012-09-05T16:52:49Z  
    Looks like you have 'Automatic Calculation' turned on for the spreadsheet. You can turn this off by selecting MANUAL calculation from the Tools menu -> Options -> Calculation tab -> Manual

Also check if the there are hidden Tabs/Worksheets in your spreadsheet. If there are hidden sheets then you should get rid of them as they also cause performance issues.

Hope it helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • HETJ_Dan_Miller
    HETJ_Dan_Miller
    4 Posts

‏2012-09-05T20:01:33Z  
    Looks like you have 'Automatic Calculation' turned on for the spreadsheet. You can turn this off by selecting MANUAL calculation from the Tools menu -> Options -> Calculation tab -> Manual

Also check if the there are hidden Tabs/Worksheets in your spreadsheet. If there are hidden sheets then you should get rid of them as they also cause performance issues.

Hope it helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
    That helped some, but It's still really slow. Any other suggestions?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2012-09-05T22:05:56Z  
    How many active form rows do you have in your report? Try reducing one of the rows and then check the performance. If your cube is huge and you are retrieving data for more active form rows then there can be some performance issues

Thanks,
    Abhishek
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

‏2012-09-06T01:22:08Z  
    There are lots of things which have to considered while creating websheets - creating them is easy enough but getting performance requires some tricks.

Might be a good idea if you can share a sample websheet with us so that we can comment.

Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif