Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-28T10:53:23Z by MichelLeofIBM
MichelLeofIBM
MichelLeofIBM
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Book available for network design in SCM

‏2012-09-04T15:21:05Z |
There's a book available for this topic at Amazon. See following link.

http://www.amazon.com/Supply-Chain-Network-Modeling-Optimization/dp/0133017370/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336419619&sr=8-1

Find here a quote from the authors :

We've recently written an educational book on network design. This book is aimed at both those who do network design projects for a living and for use in the classroom.
For those who do these studies, you will develop better intuition on how these models are solved and new ideas for modeling your supply chain. It can also be a good guide for people who are new to the discipline within your organization.
For those of you who teach, this book will introduce your students to the topic and provide them with a wide ranges of realistically sized models to work on. You can use with the IBM ILOG LogicNet Plus XE software from the academic initiative to allow your students to learn the topic with the use of commercial software.
Regards
Updated on 2013-01-28T10:53:23Z at 2013-01-28T10:53:23Z by MichelLeofIBM
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Book available for network design in SCM

‏2013-01-24T20:13:26Z  in response to MichelLeofIBM
    Hello,
    I bought the book for self-study. In order to do the exercises, I was hoping you could point me to where I could buy ILOG LogicNet Plus XE to practice on.
    Thanks
    • MichelLeofIBM
      MichelLeofIBM
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Book available for network design in SCM

‏2013-01-28T10:53:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Vipul,

Glad to hear that you've read the book.

If you are a student or a professor, you might want to contact IBM under the Academic initiative, you'll then be able to get an evaluation copy under some terms and conditions.

If not, please contact an IBM Industry Solutions sales representative at your location.

Regards