• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-06T02:43:32Z by LongSunLi
Lammmat
Lammmat
4 Posts

Pinned topic SQWSamplePartial missing in Installation

‏2012-09-04T09:36:13Z |
Hello there

I´m a student at Ludwigs-Maximilians-University in Munich and trying to work with the Infosphere Warehouse (Version 9.7.1) wich is installed on a Computer at our Institute.
I tried to go through this Tutorial:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dwe.samples.doc%2Ftutetlmod1_lesson4.html (German)

For this lesson is a example project needed witch should be in New > Example > Data Warehousing Examples > SQL Warehousing Sample - Partial. But I can´t find this example and also tried to search the Web for it.

Is it possible to download it from somewhere or can anybody upload it for me so I can go through these Tutorials? Cause this Project is also needed for the followup lessons.

with kind regards
Matthias Lamm
Updated on 2012-09-06T02:43:32Z at 2012-09-06T02:43:32Z by LongSunLi
  • LongSunLi
    LongSunLi
    14 Posts

Re: SQWSamplePartial missing in Installation

‏2012-09-04T10:12:20Z  
    Hi Lammmat,

You will find example project after follow steps:
    1. launch installation wizard.
    2. in the dialog "Features to install", only select Sample under Documentation.
    3. finish the installation.

By this way, you could find example project.
  • Lammmat
    Lammmat
    4 Posts

‏2012-09-04T10:35:11Z  
    • LongSunLi
    • ‏2012-09-04T10:12:20Z
    Hi Lammmat,

You will find example project after follow steps:
    1. launch installation wizard.
    2. in the dialog "Features to install", only select Sample under Documentation.
    3. finish the installation.

By this way, you could find example project.
    Thank you for the Answer.

But the problem is I have no administrator privileges on this computer so i can´t run the Instalation Manager.

I will try to reach someone who can run this for me.

Or are there any other suggestions I can get this Example?

kind regards

Matthias Lamm
  • Lammmat
    Lammmat
    4 Posts

‏2012-09-04T10:56:31Z  
    • Lammmat
    • ‏2012-09-04T10:35:11Z
    Thank you for the Answer.

But the problem is I have no administrator privileges on this computer so i can´t run the Instalation Manager.

I will try to reach someone who can run this for me.

Or are there any other suggestions I can get this Example?

kind regards

Matthias Lamm
    So I got Adminrights to run the Instalation Manager. But still I can´t find the Documentation > Samples there.

So anyone can help me with this?
  • LongSunLi
    LongSunLi
    14 Posts

‏2012-09-05T05:25:13Z  
    • Lammmat
    • ‏2012-09-04T10:56:31Z
    So I got Adminrights to run the Instalation Manager. But still I can´t find the Documentation > Samples there.

So anyone can help me with this?
    Hi Lammat,

You should go to build path and double click launchpad.exe to launch installation wizard.

Then you could find Documentation > Samples there.
  • Lammmat
    Lammmat
    4 Posts

‏2012-09-05T10:07:18Z  
    • LongSunLi
    • ‏2012-09-05T05:25:13Z
    Hi Lammat,

You should go to build path and double click launchpad.exe to launch installation wizard.

Then you could find Documentation > Samples there.
    Thank you again for your help.

I ran the installation of the samples as you said, but I still can´t find the partial sample in the Design Studio in New > Example > Data Warehousing Examples > SQL Warehousing Sample - Partial, or when I use the Filter option and search for it.

Is it possible that someone who has this sample creates the project, exports it and attach it here, so I can import it on my System?

with kind regards
    Matthias Lamm
  • LongSunLi
    LongSunLi
    14 Posts

‏2012-09-06T02:43:32Z  
    • Lammmat
    • ‏2012-09-05T10:07:18Z
    Thank you again for your help.

I ran the installation of the samples as you said, but I still can´t find the partial sample in the Design Studio in New > Example > Data Warehousing Examples > SQL Warehousing Sample - Partial, or when I use the Filter option and search for it.

Is it possible that someone who has this sample creates the project, exports it and attach it here, so I can import it on my System?

with kind regards
    Matthias Lamm
    Hi Lammat,

I have just found that you are using Infosphere Warehouse (Version 9.7.1) ,right?
    SQL Warehousing Sample - Partial could only be found in Infosphere Warehouse (Version 9.5).

The tutorial you mentioned above is http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dwe.samples.doc%2Ftutetlmod1_lesson4.html (German)

This is for Infosphere Warehouse (Version 9.5), That's why you can't find SQL Warehousing Sample - Partial.

Here is the tutorial link for Infosphere Warehouse (Version 9.7)
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dwe.tut.sqw.doc%2Ftutsqwtutorial.html