• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-05T16:01:57Z by JAntley
1 Post

Pinned topic IBM BPM Message Intermediate Event's Durable Subscription Not Working

‏2012-08-31T19:48:28Z |

I am using IBM Process Designer 7.5. I have created an Intermediate Message Event with the Durable Subscription check box been checked. Now when this event gets triggered and the process that has to wait for this event has not yet arrived at the point where it can receive this event,the process just executed normally and the event that has been triggered is never received even when the process comes to the point where it waits to receive the event.

Please let me know how can the event that has been triggered before and is in the queue be received when the process is ready to receive that event. I thought that checking the Durable Subscription check box would resolve this issue but its not working as expected in this case.

Please look into the attached snapshot below :-

The Process is waiting for Cancel Event or Update Event at the event gateway. Now if the Update Event Message gets triggered the flow goes to Process Updation. While the Process Updation is going on , if the Cancel Event gets triggered it should wait to be received till the Process Updation completes. But when the Process Updation completes, the previously triggered Cancel Event is lost and the process again comes to the event gateway where is waiting.

I appreciate if you could provide solution to this problem.

Updated on 2012-09-05T16:01:57Z at 2012-09-05T16:01:57Z by JAntley
  • JAntley
    135 Posts

Re: IBM BPM Message Intermediate Event's Durable Subscription Not Working

Hello Tina,

The forum where you have posted your questions is primarily for those who have questions about using the developerWorks site itself. There is an active forum for IBM Business Process Manager here ( 0); you would have a better chance of getting the answers you want if you were to post in that forum.

Let us know if we can be of additional assistance.

Jeff Antley
    developerWorks Feedback Team