Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-03T11:07:33Z by JVicente
JVicente
JVicente
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CNFS configuration

‏2012-08-31T09:07:55Z |
I have a GPFS cluster in Linux with three GPFS servers: nodoa, nodob, nodoc and three CNFS servers: nodo1, nodo15, nodo29. The latter being GPFS clients of the former.
I exported several filesystems and nodo1,15,29 are exporting them as NFS shares.

There are multiple issues in this configuration.

One question: Where do I start NFS from? If I start GPFS cluster CNFS starts NFS on those nodes but then I am not able to mount from a NFS client.
If I start nfs manually (RHEL 6): service nfs stop; service nfs start then it is able to mount.

My doubt: if CNFS has a problem it uses to restart gpfs in CNFS servers so giving back service quickly and NFS clients (hard mounted) do not notify it. But ... if CNFS is not able to start NFS completely, I think (and it does to me) NFS will not start completely and NFS clients will not be able to access filesystems.

Any suggestions on how to start NFS and what to start?
Updated on 2012-09-03T11:07:33Z at 2012-09-03T11:07:33Z by JVicente
  • JVicente
    JVicente
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CNFS configuration

‏2012-08-31T10:38:22Z  in response to JVicente
    Problem solved after restarting everything.
    CNFS starts NFS. It is not necessary starting NFS with Linux, CNFS will take care of it as it does with virtual IP,s.
    • JVicente
      JVicente
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CNFS configuration

‏2012-09-03T11:07:33Z  in response to JVicente
      Sorry, I failed!

NFS must start with the system; if not, CNFS will not start NFS well and mount authorizations will fail in case of failover / failback.

So, chkconfig nfs on will make CNFS work.

Also, mount with nfsvers=3 as NFS v4 is not yet supported in CNFS (although it is in GPFS):

cnfs3:/home/proyectos /mnt/home/proyectos nfs exec,dev,nosuid,rw,hard,nfsvers=3 1 1