Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-14T06:44:02Z by Sujita
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Automation Scripts: explicit variables

‏2012-08-30T14:17:54Z |
I've recently started playing with Automation Scripts in Maximo 7.5.0.1 with the help of this IBM document:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/maximo/Customizing+Maximo+components+with+scripts

It lists a number of explicit variables like app, user, mbo, scriptName...
When trying these, a few are not recognised. For example, the line:
"print scriptName"
causes error message "name 'scriptName' is not defined in <script>"
while line:
"print user"
properly puts the username in the Maximo log.

The same error happens for variables scriptHome and mboname.

Does anyone have experience with using these variables ?

Thanks,
Jakob
Updated on 2012-12-14T06:44:02Z at 2012-12-14T06:44:02Z by Sujita
  • PJ3B_Venkata_Reddy
    PJ3B_Venkata_Reddy
    3 Posts

Re: Automation Scripts: explicit variables

‏2012-09-04T08:34:57Z  
    Hi ,

You need to write like below statements :
    print " script name = ", scriptName
    print " MBO Name = ",mboname

Thanks
    Venkat
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    81 Posts

‏2012-09-04T14:36:41Z  
    These are "implicit" variables... they are always defined as documented when your script starts to execute. "Explicit" variables are the ones you define for your script and then bind when you configure Launch Points.

Never use the implicit variables that have been included for backward compatibility. scriptHome was used in version 7.2.x of Tivoli Service Request Manager (TSRM), Tivoli Asset Management for IT (TAMIT) and the Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database (CCMDB). The "scriptHome" implicit variable was replaced in Base Services 7.5 with "mbo".

Hope that helps,
    Bowser.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-09-04T15:21:12Z  
    • Bowser
    • ‏2012-09-04T14:36:41Z
    These are "implicit" variables... they are always defined as documented when your script starts to execute. "Explicit" variables are the ones you define for your script and then bind when you configure Launch Points.

Never use the implicit variables that have been included for backward compatibility. scriptHome was used in version 7.2.x of Tivoli Service Request Manager (TSRM), Tivoli Asset Management for IT (TAMIT) and the Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database (CCMDB). The "scriptHome" implicit variable was replaced in Base Services 7.5 with "mbo".

Hope that helps,
    Bowser.
    OK, that's good to know.
    Thanks.
  • Sujita
    Sujita
    44 Posts

‏2012-12-14T06:44:02Z  
    Hi,

If i give, print " MBO Name = ",mbo like this in the source code of the script in Maximo v7.5, when i am executing this i am getting error "NameError: name 'mbo' is not defined"
    Regards,
    Sujitha