Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-05T13:48:10Z by IdMNewOne
IdMNewOne
IdMNewOne
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TIM: How to manage Notes Database

‏2012-08-28T13:20:18Z |
Hi,

We have requirement to manage notes database using TIM. The out-of-box notes adpater only manages the Notes Address Book. If we want to manage any custom notes DB, how we can do it by TIM? We want to add/modify/delete rows in custom notes DB.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-09-05T13:48:10Z at 2012-09-05T13:48:10Z by IdMNewOne
  • RuneHL
    RuneHL
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TIM: How to manage Notes Database

‏2012-08-28T13:55:02Z  in response to IdMNewOne
    I suggest that you build a custom adapter for that, using the adapter development toolkit will probably make it easier. The adapter runs in TDI and AFAIK there are standard connectors in TDi for Notes - otherwise you can use the java classes in Notes for the integration.

Note that it is usually a good idea to run the adapter on a separate machine (with the Notes client installed) as I have experienced that if more than one process uses the Notes API they can block each other and stall the adapter.
    • IdMNewOne
      IdMNewOne
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-03T07:58:30Z  in response to RuneHL
      Thanks Rune for your suggestion.

I was looking for some out-of-box solution using Lotus Notes connector in TIM, but it seems it is not possible, and we have to write custom adapter either using TDI connectors or java classes.

We tried connecting Lotus Domino through TDI using Local Client (installed on the same box) but it fails. Details are given below

Environment Details:

Tivoli directory integrator 7.0 8.5 32 bit
      Lotus notes client 8.5 32 bit installed on same system.
      Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit

We have tried to establish connection using a lotus notes connector in TDI, but getting the below error:

14:40:41,031 INFO - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS058I Connector com.ibm.di.connector.DominoConnector inherits from parent.
      14:40:41,031 INFO - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS187I Loaded com.ibm.di.connector.DominoConnector, 2.2-di7.0 %I%, 20%E%.
      14:40:41,031 INFO - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS064I Loading Attribute Map.
      14:40:41,031 INFO - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS065I Load Hooks.
      14:40:41,031 INFO - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS044I Initializing Connector.
      14:40:41,031 INFO - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS495I handleException , initialize, java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
      14:40:41,047 ERROR - LotusNotesConnector CTGDIS810E handleException - cannot handle exception , initialize
      java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
      at com.ibm.di.connector.DominoConnector.initLocalThread(DominoConnector.java:1619)
      at com.ibm.di.connector.DominoConnector.initialize(DominoConnector.java:507)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.doInitialize(AssemblyLineComponent.java:1140)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.initialize(AssemblyLineComponent.java:1115)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.initConnectors(AssemblyLine.java:1865)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.msInitConn(AssemblyLine.java:3346)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainStep(AssemblyLine.java:3168)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2829)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2812)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeAL(AssemblyLine.java:2781)
      at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.run(AssemblyLine.java:1275)
      Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: nlsxbe (.\nlsxbe.dll is not a valid Win32 application. )
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:986)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:950)
      at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:453)
      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.load(Unknown Source)
      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.checkLoaded(Unknown Source)
      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.sinitThread(Unknown Source)
      We also registered the dll (nlsxbe.dll) & it got successfully registered but, still getting the same error.

Please let me know if you have any pointer on this.

Thanks
      • IdMNewOne
        IdMNewOne
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-05T13:48:10Z  in response to IdMNewOne
        What we found out that the TDI is running under 64 bit JVM, however, Notes Client is running with 32 bit JVM. I beleive TDI's 64 bit JVM is not able to load 32 bit notes dll file, I think if we use 32 bit TDI, this problem might be resolve.

Now my problem is that we have already TDI running on 64 bit JVM and used via TIM, we can just install new 32 bit TDI.
        Is there any way so that 64 bit intstallation of TDI can use both 64 bit JVM and 32 bit JVM for different - different assembly lines.

Thanks.