Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-30T16:01:09Z by Sriram_Europa
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic Sender email address for DSWC

‏2012-08-27T19:54:01Z |
Can anyone tell me how to configure the sender (not recipient) email address that Data Studio Web Console uses to send alerts? I find it hard to believe that it is not configurable, yet I cannot seem to find where it could be configured. Currently it sends me emails from "Data_Studio@x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the IP address of my configured SMTP gateway (not even the IP address of the host on which DSWC is installed). In my environment, this is not going to work - the SMTP gateway will discard anything that does not come from a legitimate internal address.

I saw some references to dswebserver.properties; oddly enough, I cannot seem to find any documentation describing what options can be configured in this file. Regardless, adding hostname= or host= did not make a difference.
Updated on 2012-08-30T16:01:09Z at 2012-08-30T16:01:09Z by Sriram_Europa
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

Re: Sender email address for DSWC

‏2012-08-27T21:14:04Z  
    I forgot to mention - I am using Data Studio Web Console 3.1.1.
  • Sriram_Europa
    Sriram_Europa
    68 Posts

Re: Sender email address for DSWC

‏2012-08-30T16:01:09Z  
    I forgot to mention - I am using Data Studio Web Console 3.1.1.
    Hi
    The alerts notification mechanism does not include the @ipaddress at all - so it seems that the SMTP server is including its ip-address here.

If you have authentication requirements for the smtp server, then the from address would be the same one.

But - I completely agree with you that there should be a easy way to set the from address that works in your environment. If you can open a PMR with IBM support, we can build a patch file that should enable this. You can also contact me via email (my developerworks ID is my email address as well)