Topic
No replies
DaJoZi
DaJoZi
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JDBC connection to Informix Server using DRDA protocol - Which driver?

‏2012-08-27T09:59:36Z |
I can make a successful standard JDBC connection to my database server using connect string:-
jdbc:informix-sqli://myserver:9088:informixserver=ids115;DatabaseName=sysmaster

I now wish to be able to connect through DRDA protocol to the same server, and so did the same as above, but with port 9089.

This does not work, and receive the below dump. What am I doing wrong? Am I using the right jdbc data driver and if not, which driver supports DRDA?

Many thanks in advance,
David Ziants

========================================================================================================================================================================================

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (ids115) failed.
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.awaitConnection(OpenConnectionCommand.java:132)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$100(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$2.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:115)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (ids115) failed.
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.executeConnect(OpenConnectionCommand.java:171)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$000(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$1.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:104)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (ids115) failed.
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1467)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor19.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver.connect(IfxDriver.java:254)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:133)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.executeConnect(OpenConnectionCommand.java:167)
... 8 more
Caused by: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (ids115) failed.
at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getLocIfxASFException(IfxErrMsg.java:815)
at com.informix.asf.Connection.establishConnection(Connection.java:1797)
at com.informix.asf.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:395)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.<init>(IfxSqliConnect.java:1104)
... 14 more