Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-29T13:49:08Z by Martin_Hunter
llandale
llandale
2943 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Eclipse DXL Editor

‏2012-08-24T16:37:14Z |
Where can I get good advise in the Eclipse DXL Editor? Having a hard time getting it to work right, such as goto matching pairs. Using Crimson for other programs which so far I still prefer.

-Louie

Found Preferences .. Keys .. and "Go to Matching Bracket", but it doesn't do anything. Cannot seem to "goto last edit". Must not have it installed correctly.
Updated on 2012-08-29T13:49:08Z at 2012-08-29T13:49:08Z by Martin_Hunter
  • Bjoern_Karpenstein
    Bjoern_Karpenstein
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Eclipse DXL Editor

‏2012-08-26T10:17:07Z  in response to llandale
    Hello!

Do you mean the Sodius DXL Editor? I have installed it without any problems. What especially do you have for problems?

What is "matching pairs"?

Best regards
    Björn
    • llandale
      llandale
      2943 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-26T19:00:52Z  in response to Bjoern_Karpenstein

Mine says "Eclipse SDK" (v4.1.2) and I think "Sodius" is the old name. I see in the "About" it talks about the "Sodius DXL Editor" installed (v2.0.7).

if (whatever)
      {
         bla bla bla
      }
      else
      { bla bla bla
        whatever[]
      }

There are three sets of matching brace pairs above (two {} and one []). Using Crimson, if your cursor is on either side of any of them, it will:

• highlight the other matched pair so you can see it
      • got a key-stroke that will jump to that matching brace.

For those of us that need to line things up neatly, this is REAL handy to make sure I've got the braces correct.

In any event, I'm pretty sure I did not install this correctly.

Anybody using it a lot and can direct me to help?

-Louie

Updated on 2014-01-06T21:14:01Z at 2014-01-06T21:14:01Z by JAntley
      • Mathias Mamsch
        Mathias Mamsch
        1937 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-27T07:52:16Z  in response to llandale
        Well, I also did not get the keyboard shortcut running (there is one, but one of my colleagues is keeping this secret, I will have to ask him). What I usually do, I double click on the inside of the brace, which will make DXL Editor select the range in between the matching braces. Then I look whether or not is it the one I wanted. Sometimes I need to scroll to see it, if the block is to large to fit on one screen. That makes it a little uncomfortable.

The selection thing (showing the other brace) works to, but you have to place the cursor on the inside of the brace. I am pretty sure you installed it correctly. Tell me if double clicking and selecting works for you.

{code}
        // double click or select where the # are
        if (whatever)
        {#
        bla bla bla
        #}
        else
        {# bla bla bla
        whatever[]
        #}

Regards, Mathias

Mathias Mamsch, IT-QBase GmbH, Consultant for Requirement Engineering and D00RS
        • llandale
          llandale
          2943 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-27T16:38:32Z  in response to Mathias Mamsch
          This is just one issue. Are there resources online for this sort of questions?
          • Martin_Hunter
            Martin_Hunter
            40 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-29T13:49:08Z  in response to llandale
            The Sodius DXL Editor runs on Eclipse so I have found most of my answers by searching for Eclipse help.
            Like anything, it takes a while to get used to the differences but its definitely worth it.
            Just about to get debug license which should help with some scripts.