3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-12T21:02:35Z by sspavan
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
783 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Job Scheduler - JOBCLASSMAXCONCJOBS

‏2012-08-24T12:18:40Z |
Folks,

I am trying to find documentation for the following feature.

It is possible to configure the max concurrent job count on a per "job type" bases such that each job type definition can have its own max count assigned to it. If such a definition does not exist for a given job type, the system will catagorise the job as type "Default" and assign job instance counts to that allocation.

I am trying to see how to perform this configuration. Is it defined in the Compute Grid documentation?

With thanks.
Updated on 2012-09-12T21:02:35Z at 2012-09-12T21:02:35Z by sspavan
  • sspavan
    sspavan
    60 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Job Scheduler - JOBCLASSMAXCONCJOBS

‏2012-09-03T20:24:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    1. We need to define a jobclass, login to AdminConsole > System administration > Job scheduler > Job Classes. Create a new job class, ex: Test
    2. In you xjcl specify the class created on the job statement.
    <job xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://core.wcg.etools.ibm.com/xsd/xJCL.xsd" name="TestCI" class="Test" default-application-name="TestEAR">.
    3. Once you run the job the JOBCLASSMAXCONCJOBS table will have new jobclass and the count associated to the class.
    Thanks,
    Pavan
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      783 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-12T16:39:48Z  in response to sspavan
      Thank you sspan for your answer.

I am still trying to locate this information in product documenation (as apposed to wiki entries). Is there official documentation that describes this feature?
      • sspavan
        sspavan
        60 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-12T21:02:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Everything is not at one place. You can search on "job class" and you would see different links