Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-03T11:06:30Z by jacorona
jacorona
jacorona
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to include a .war in a CICS bundle in CICS 5.1 Open Beta.

‏2012-08-24T09:51:02Z |
Hi,

Is it possible to directly include a .war file in a CICS Bundle project using CICS Explorer? I mean not using the "Include Dynamic Web Project in Bundle" wizard in CICS Explorer, because this wizard requires a project, not a .war file.

Additionally, would it be possible to later deploy that CICS bundle into CICS using CICS Explorer? The exporting action "z/OS Unix File System as Bundle Project" could also require a reference to a project, not to a .war file.

One possible solution could be to create by hand the USS directory structure and copy there the involved files.

Many thanks,
Alfonso
Updated on 2012-09-03T11:06:30Z at 2012-09-03T11:06:30Z by jacorona
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to include a .war in a CICS bundle in CICS 5.1 Open Beta.

‏2012-08-24T14:53:26Z  in response to jacorona
    Hi Alfonzo,

CICS 5.1 Open Beta offers 3 ways to deploy a Web Application.
    1) Via a CICS bundle using he "Include Dynamic Web Project in Bundle" wizard in CICS Explorer
    2) Directly place the .war file in the dropins directory of the Liberty server config
    3) Define an application in the server.xml (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.websphere.wlp.iseries.doc/autodita/rwlp_metatype_4ic.html)

Thanks,
    Dave Roberts
    CICS/TS Delivery
    • jacorona
      jacorona
      15 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to include a .war in a CICS bundle in CICS 5.1 Open Beta.

‏2012-09-03T11:06:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello Dave,
      Thank you for answer and sorry for the delaying mine. I've been on holidays a few days.
      Regards,
      Alfonso