• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T15:59:29Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
304 Posts

Pinned topic Creating Optim Directory through command line

‏2012-08-22T15:26:36Z |
Hello,

Please provide me the proper parameters to create new optim directory through command line.

Here i used below parameters.

/PSTDIRNAME=optimdir
/PSTDIRID=pstarch
/PSTDIRCONNECTSTR=optimebs28
/PSTDIRPASSWORD=pstarch
/PSTDIRUSERID=pstarch

saved in a txt file OptimDir.txt

and executed with below command

PR0CNFG /File=E:\Build\OptimDir.txt /AUTORUN=TRUE

But it didn't create directory.

Please help me regarding the same.

Thanks,
Dev
Updated on 2012-10-18T15:59:29Z at 2012-10-18T15:59:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • TulasiDas
    TulasiDas
    62 Posts

Re: Creating Optim Directory through command line

‏2012-08-23T05:06:48Z  
    Hi,

I see some more keywords are missing, try by including below keywords:

SPACTION=CreateNew
    SPQUALIFIER = schema name or owner ID
    TASK=DB

Rest of the keyword are looks good.

Thanks,
    Tulasi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-08-23T13:18:29Z  
    • TulasiDas
    • ‏2012-08-23T05:06:48Z
    Hi,

I see some more keywords are missing, try by including below keywords:

SPACTION=CreateNew
    SPQUALIFIER = schema name or owner ID
    TASK=DB

Rest of the keyword are looks good.

Thanks,
    Tulasi
    Hello Tulasi,

Thanks for your respond for my question.

I added the parameter you mentioned,
    /SPACTION=CreateNew
    /PSTDIRNAME=optimdir
    /PSTDIRID=pstarch
    /PSTDIRCONNECTSTR=optimebs28
    /PSTDIRPASSWORD=pstarch
    /PSTDIRUSERID=pstarch
    /SPQUALIFIER=pstarch
    /TASK=DB

But still it didn't create Directory, when i observed it was trying to create DB alias for existing directory.

Please find the attached screenshot for your response.

Kindly help me out. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Devraj
  • Balachandra
    Balachandra
    9 Posts

‏2012-08-23T13:41:44Z  
    Hi,

The option for the creation of Optim Directory via command line is not a documented feature and IBM Optim does not recommend this. Please use the GUI approach for this function.

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-08-23T14:11:04Z  
    Hi,

The option for the creation of Optim Directory via command line is not a documented feature and IBM Optim does not recommend this. Please use the GUI approach for this function.

Thanks
    Hello Balachandra,

As we are doing automation of Optim command line execution we are trying to do end-to-end automation so it will be feasible if we get parameters to create Directory through cmndline.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Devraj
  • Ducatiman
    Ducatiman
    58 Posts

‏2012-08-23T15:21:54Z  
    Hello Balachandra,

As we are doing automation of Optim command line execution we are trying to do end-to-end automation so it will be feasible if we get parameters to create Directory through cmndline.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Devraj
    There are three things you need to do to create and register the Optimdir without using the GUI:

1) Create the database for the Optim directory using database script e.g
    CREATE DATABASE OPTMDIR AUTOMATIC STORAGE YES ON 'C:\' DBPATH ON 'C:\' USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US COLLATE USING SYSTEM PAGESIZE 4096;
    2) Load the Optim database stored procedures located in the Optim sub folder e.g. C:\IBM Optim\RT\BIN\SP\ORA112
    3) modify the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Princeton Softech\Relational Tools\PSTDIRECTORY
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T13:45:48Z  
    • Ducatiman
    • ‏2012-08-23T15:21:54Z
    There are three things you need to do to create and register the Optimdir without using the GUI:

1) Create the database for the Optim directory using database script e.g
    CREATE DATABASE OPTMDIR AUTOMATIC STORAGE YES ON 'C:\' DBPATH ON 'C:\' USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US COLLATE USING SYSTEM PAGESIZE 4096;
    2) Load the Optim database stored procedures located in the Optim sub folder e.g. C:\IBM Optim\RT\BIN\SP\ORA112
    3) modify the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Princeton Softech\Relational Tools\PSTDIRECTORY
    Can i use some of these same commands in any way to Query the available extracts in the Optim DIR?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T15:51:03Z  
    Hello:

I imagine what you are looking to find are the saved Extract Requests that were saved to the PSTDirectory? If you open the Optim Gui and choose File->Open you will be presented
    with the list of all of the objects that have been defined to Optim in an online display. We provide batch PR0CMND directives to run 'action' processes (Extract, etc.) and initiate Optim maintenance however there are no commands to interrogate the directory itself (although it is not a bad idea) ....

Best regards,
    Kevin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T15:57:27Z  
    Hello:

I imagine what you are looking to find are the saved Extract Requests that were saved to the PSTDirectory? If you open the Optim Gui and choose File->Open you will be presented
    with the list of all of the objects that have been defined to Optim in an online display. We provide batch PR0CMND directives to run 'action' processes (Extract, etc.) and initiate Optim maintenance however there are no commands to interrogate the directory itself (although it is not a bad idea) ....

Best regards,
    Kevin
    Thank you for your reply i was looking for a means to interrogate the optim directory from the command line, and not have to use the directory.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-10-18T15:59:29Z  
    Thank you for your reply i was looking for a means to interrogate the optim directory from the command line, and not have to use the directory.
    Meant to say and not have to use the GUI to find the EXTRACT first.. So that I could run from command line totally.