• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-21T09:27:32Z by AnnaMaciejkowicz
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
141 Posts

Pinned topic No "Service Integration-->WSRR Definitions" link on Admin Console

‏2012-08-20T16:52:19Z |
Hello,
I just installed WSRR 8, created a DM, and a WSRR server node profile successfully. In the IBM tech-notes on WSRR configuration process, it mentions a link "WSRR Definitions" under Service Integration. I don’t see that link. Also, I tried to create a cluster including a WSRR type member, but there is no such a "WSRR" template inthe drop down list. In fact, there is no mention of anything WSRR on the admin console. I recreated the DM profile in case if I missed anything during the profile creation, and other than selecting the WSRR DM type for profile, there is nothing else that enforces an additional reference in the admin console.
Thanks for your response.
AB
Updated on 2012-08-21T09:27:32Z at 2012-08-21T09:27:32Z by AnnaMaciejkowicz
  • M2H2_Andrew_Leonard
    M2H2_Andrew_Leonard
    4 Posts

Re: No "Service Integration-->WSRR Definitions" link on Admin Console

‏2012-08-20T17:21:52Z  
    I think "Service Integration bus->WSRR Definitions" is a WPS extension, (although i'm not a WPS expert), and not provided as part of a WSRR install. Have you installed and configured WPS?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts

‏2012-08-20T17:31:32Z  
    I think "Service Integration bus->WSRR Definitions" is a WPS extension, (although i'm not a WPS expert), and not provided as part of a WSRR install. Have you installed and configured WPS?
    Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for your response. I have installed/WPS in the past, but not during this process. Essentially, I don’t even see a WSRR ear application under Enterprise Applications to begin with. There are no applications under Enterprise Applications. The node profile I created for the member is of type an empty node (Custom Node). There was no other choice to select a different type of WSRR node during the installation. I used PMT.sh.
    Thanks
    AB
  • M2H2_Andrew_Leonard
    M2H2_Andrew_Leonard
    4 Posts

‏2012-08-20T17:39:21Z  
    Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for your response. I have installed/WPS in the past, but not during this process. Essentially, I don’t even see a WSRR ear application under Enterprise Applications to begin with. There are no applications under Enterprise Applications. The node profile I created for the member is of type an empty node (Custom Node). There was no other choice to select a different type of WSRR node during the installation. I used PMT.sh.
    Thanks
    AB
    Which tech note or instructions are you following?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts

‏2012-08-20T18:10:01Z  
    Which tech note or instructions are you following?
    I saw this link from WESB technotes...You are right...it may not be applicable here since it requires an installation of WESB and/or WPS here...
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/esbsoa/wesbv7r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.wesb.main.doc%2Ftaghubs%2Fwsrr.html

I went back and augmented an existing (WAS) DM profile with WSRR. Restarted DM, but still don’t see any reference to WSRR nor any WSRR apps under Enterprise Applications in admin console.

I have successfully installed an StandAlone WSRR. No issues.
    I want to do the same but in a clustered environment.

Thanks Andrew.
  • AnnaMaciejkowicz
    AnnaMaciejkowicz
    2 Posts

‏2012-08-21T09:27:32Z  
    When installing to an ND environment, it is the deploy WSRR step which installs the WSRR EAR. Use the dynamic installation guide to obtain a full set of instructions detailing all the necessary steps to install using this topology:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/sr/v8r0/topic/com.ibm.sr.intinst.doc/roadmap_form_wsrr.html
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/sr/v8r0/topic/com.ibm.sr.doc/cwsr_deployingwsrrtoclusters.html