Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-11T14:49:20Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic No Android Tablet in the Mobile Browser Simulator

‏2012-08-19T03:05:51Z |
As I was trying to test the mobile browser simualtor as an Android Tablet skin, I just noticed, there is actually no Android tablets in the simulator. Which fixpack will we have any android tablet resolution to test with? Thanks.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: No Android Tablet in the Mobile Browser Simulator

‏2012-08-26T05:49:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Unknown. I will open a bug report/enhancement for this.
    Thanks,

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • jim_zhang
      jim_zhang
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-23T16:06:10Z  in response to IdanAdar
      in the meanwhile, you can enhance the device list yourself. this is a supported feature but may not be obvious. what you need to do is going to Worlight Studio and open the workspace Preferences (window/preferences for windows or eclipse/preferences for Mac), search for "Device Profile", there you can add new device profiles describing any devices you want.

when creating your own device profile, most of the fields are self-explanatory, and are easy to fill in, maybe with the exception of the user agent id field. you can obtain that by pointing your device browser to http://www.useragentstring.com/, then copy the displayed string into Studio (send yourself an email or something to transfer the string from the device to desktop)
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2327 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T22:12:43Z  in response to jim_zhang
        Hi Jim,

I have done all these steps but I still don't see my tablet emulator showing up in mobile browser simulator. I am running Worklight 5.0.5.

Mir
        • browe
          browe
          11 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T22:55:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Mir,

Could you provide the exact steps you followed, including the User Agent String? A screen shot of the profile you created would also help.

Thanks
          Billy
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            2327 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T14:49:20Z  in response to browe
            Hello,

Worklight 5.0.5.20121217-0622
            Android 21.0.0.v201210310015-519525
            Win 7 64bit
            Eclipse 3.7.2

I created one for my Asus Nexus 7 but am not able to use the device in the mobile browser simulator.
            However, I can select it in the local toolbar of the design view.
            (makes sense as there's a note on top of the dialog box saying: "... can be called from the local toolbar in the design view")

User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.1; Nexus 7 Build/JOP40D) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Safari/535.19

Anyone can help to have it in the mobile browser simulator?
            Thanks in advance