Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-21T02:59:05Z by Jose.Mong
Jose.Mong
Jose.Mong
11 Posts

Pinned topic How Can I Nest 2 Dimensions?

‏2012-08-17T10:57:56Z |
Hi folks, this is my first time in any forum and also I'm a rookie in TM1, but I need to know how can I nest 2 dimensions...

...namely, in the Cube Viewer or in TM1 Perspectives, the displayed elements of one dimension depend on the selection of an element into another dimension.

One dimension has the following elements: 'A', 'B', 'C'
and in the second one, the elements are: '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6'

If I choose the 'A' element, the cube/perspectives interface must show: '1', '2'...

If I choose the 'B' element, the cube/perspectives interface must show: '3', '4'...

If I choose the 'C' element, the cube/perspectives interface must show: '5', '6'...

Thank you for your guidance...

Jose.Mong

Sorry, my English language is not good
Updated on 2012-08-21T02:59:05Z at 2012-08-21T02:59:05Z by Jose.Mong
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

Re: How Can I Nest 2 Dimensions?

‏2012-08-17T13:45:58Z  
    In the Cube Viewer place the Dim 1 (A, B, C) in the TITLES and Dimension 2 (1, 2, 3) in the ROWS.

Then click on SUPRESS ZEROS. After that you will be able to see all the related rows for the element you have selected in Titles.

Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • Jose.Mong
    Jose.Mong
    11 Posts

‏2012-08-18T12:14:49Z  
    In the Cube Viewer place the Dim 1 (A, B, C) in the TITLES and Dimension 2 (1, 2, 3) in the ROWS.

Then click on SUPRESS ZEROS. After that you will be able to see all the related rows for the element you have selected in Titles.

Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif
    Thank you Rizwan for your answer, however let me explain a little bit better the situation.

The users don't want to see all the elements in the dimension 2 (1, 2, 3... 23,000 elements), only the elements related to each element in the dimension 1 ( A, B, C... 150). Both dimensions should be in the title sections, but the user's first step will be choose only 1/150 element of the dimension 1, after of that, he goes to second dimension and only he must see in the list of the elements, those elements that belong to selected element in the dimension 1 (not the 23,000 elements). I don't know if I explained better...

Jose.Mong
    jmong@mstech-inc.comPanama
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

‏2012-08-18T17:04:09Z  
    • Jose.Mong
    • ‏2012-08-18T12:14:49Z
    Thank you Rizwan for your answer, however let me explain a little bit better the situation.

The users don't want to see all the elements in the dimension 2 (1, 2, 3... 23,000 elements), only the elements related to each element in the dimension 1 ( A, B, C... 150). Both dimensions should be in the title sections, but the user's first step will be choose only 1/150 element of the dimension 1, after of that, he goes to second dimension and only he must see in the list of the elements, those elements that belong to selected element in the dimension 1 (not the 23,000 elements). I don't know if I explained better...

Jose.Mong
    jmong@mstech-inc.comPanama
    You can create a Dynamic View which is based on MDX statement and Active Form. Basically you need to design a Websheet in which you will have two Dimension selection Drop-downs for Dim1 and Dim2, in which Dim2 is dependent on the selection of Dim1.

You will also need to write a MDX statement to dynamically select the elements in the Dim2. This MDX statement will return all the elements of Dim2 which are non-zeros and are based on Dim1 as well. The Pseudo Code for the MDX statement which you will need is as follows:

Filter( TM1SubsetAll([Dim2]) , [MyCube].( [Dim1].[$A$1] , [myCube Measures].[Amount] ) 0    
    "#there is "not equal
    " sign before zero on this line. For some reason its not appearing here" )

Where $A$1 is the cell in which you have the dropdown for Dim1. MDX statement will look for the element name which you have selected in Dim1 and will pass it to the MDX statement.

Hope it helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • Jose.Mong
    Jose.Mong
    11 Posts

‏2012-08-21T02:59:05Z  
    You can create a Dynamic View which is based on MDX statement and Active Form. Basically you need to design a Websheet in which you will have two Dimension selection Drop-downs for Dim1 and Dim2, in which Dim2 is dependent on the selection of Dim1.

You will also need to write a MDX statement to dynamically select the elements in the Dim2. This MDX statement will return all the elements of Dim2 which are non-zeros and are based on Dim1 as well. The Pseudo Code for the MDX statement which you will need is as follows:
    <pre class="jive-pre"> Filter( TM1SubsetAll([Dim2]) , [MyCube].( [Dim1].[$A$1] , [myCube Measures].[Amount] ) 0 "#there is "not equal " sign before zero on this line. For some reason its not appearing here" ) </pre>

Where $A$1 is the cell in which you have the dropdown for Dim1. MDX statement will look for the element name which you have selected in Dim1 and will pass it to the MDX statement.

Hope it helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
    Excellent Rizwan, it works so well, thank you so much...

Regards,

Jose.Mong
    jmong@mstech-inc.com
    Panama