I have found that, sometimes, when you redeploy a web applicacion (Dynamic Web Project) to a WLP, "normal" .jsp pages are not found (and you get a HTTP 404 server error) although they continue to be in the project and they are correctly ftp-ed to zFS (they are inside the .war file). However, JSP pages referenced in <wellcome-file-list> in server.xml haven't behaved this way, so far: they have been allways found.
The problem is that this "disappearance" does not allways happen and I haven't noticed any pattern for this behaviour.
If you just reinstall the JVMSERVER and then the CICS bundle containing the web application, the page is then found.
This topic has been locked.
4 replies Latest Post - 2012-09-03T15:49:54Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic Page not found when redeploying a WLP application (CICS 5.1 Open Beta).
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-09-03T15:49:54Z at 2012-09-03T15:49:54Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK124 Posts
FengYan 060001CKGF1 PostACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Page not found when redeploying a WLP application (CICS 5.1 Open Beta).2012-08-28T08:56:12Z in response to jacoronaHi Alfonso,
I am trying to recreate your problem on my system, I assume you are using CICS bundle to install web application, and the 'redeploy' means re-export the war bundle to HFS. Please correct me if this is not the situation.
I did not see the same problem as you when I use my own web application or the Example TSQ web application, so I want to know what kind of application you are using? When you re-upload it, do you make any change on the war file or bundle config file? And do you have any other details to trigger the problem?
jacorona 110000DQR815 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Page not found when redeploying a WLP application (CICS 5.1 Open Beta).2012-09-03T12:03:49Z in response to FengYanHi Brenda,
Sorry for not answering before; I've on holidays a few days.
I've just reproduced the situation with the following simple steps:
- Create a web project:
- In the web.xml indicate something like:
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="3.0" ...>
- Create a CICS bundle project and include in it the previous web project.
- Export the CICS bundle project to the USS file system.
- Create a corresponding CICS Bundle definition and install it, so that it is deployed to an existing WLP JVMSERVER.
- If you navigate to http://node:port/a.b.c/ or to http://node:port/a.b.c/index.jsp the page is found and the Hello World message is shown.
- Then, in the web project, change the web.xml file so that the index.jsp is no more in the wellcome-file-list (for instance, you change the <welcome-file> entry to index1.jsp) and reexport the CICS bundle to the USS file system, without changing anything else.
- Disable and discard the CICS bundle and then reinstall it so that the new .war is deployed to the WLP JVMSERVER.
- If now you navigate to http://node:port/a.b.c/index.jsp you get a 404: index.jsp is not found.
This shows the error. Then you do the following:
- Phase out and discard the WLP JVMSERVER.
- Install the WLP JVMSERVER again.
- Discard the CICS bundle, which, after reinstalling the JVMSERVER is in a disabled state.
- Install the CICS bundle again. Note that it is the same .war file that had been reexported.
If now you try to navigate to http://node:port/a.b.c/index.jsp the page is found and the Hello World message is shown.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK124 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Page not found when redeploying a WLP application (CICS 5.1 Open Beta).2012-09-03T15:49:54Z in response to jacoronaHi Alfonzo,
Brenda is away for a couple of weeks and I've been unable to reproduce your issue on our current build. However, we did have a defect in this area that was fixed after the beta was cut.