Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T10:03:25Z by SystemAdmin
sai.teradb
sai.teradb
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Help---Import attributes, descriptions, datatypes into IDA from Excel

‏2012-08-15T13:49:43Z |
Hi, we are starting to create a new model from scratch using IDA 8. I have tablename, columnname, column descriptions (documentation), datatypes, format and other information on a data dictionary spreadsheet. I want to know if there is a way to import into the tool so effort used in manually entring into IDA can be eliminated or reduced.
Thankyou.
Sai
Updated on 2012-10-18T10:03:25Z at 2012-10-18T10:03:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • rraddatz
    rraddatz
    55 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Help---Import attributes, descriptions, datatypes into IDA from Excel

‏2012-08-15T14:58:36Z  in response to sai.teradb
    Hi Sai,
    You can use Model Import to import an excel spreadsheet into IDA; however, it has to be of the correct format. The format is described in a sample "Standard-Blank.xlsx" included with IDA:

<IDA_Install_Directory>\sdpshared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.metadata.wizards.miti.win32_<version>\MetaIntegration\conf\MIRModelBridgeTemplate\MIRMicrosoftExcel\

In IDA 8.1, this directory could be:

C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.metadata.wizards.miti.win32_1.0.5.v20120403_1058\MetaIntegration\conf\MIRModelBridgeTemplate\MIRMicrosoftExcel\
    Also provided is an Excel 'Add-In' based 'ribbon' or menu to help navigate and manage spreadsheets which are designed using the standard format.

Thanks,
    Robin
    • sai.teradb
      sai.teradb
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-22T21:56:45Z  in response to rraddatz
      Robin, I dont see any "Program Files\IBM\SDPShared" folder. And I also checked "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\IDA8.1.0\plugins\" I other IBM related folders but I dont see any excel spreadsheet.

Thanks.
      Sai
      • rraddatz
        rraddatz
        55 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-28T16:14:23Z  in response to sai.teradb
        Hi Sai,
        Did you check the Model Import/Export option when installing IDA? It's not checked by default.

Thanks,
        Robin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T10:03:25Z  in response to sai.teradb
    Hi,

Thank you, I couldn't import data model and now I can.

remember to check the option Import Export tick during the install. Use the IBM installation Manager to add the option.