14 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T22:21:16Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Public IBM Installation Manager repository for IBM Data Studio

‏2012-08-15T09:51:34Z |
Hi,

I would like to simplify the installation ans update of IBM Data Studio. Is it possible to just install IBM Installation Manager and create repository with link on IBM site?
Updated on 2013-01-22T22:21:16Z at 2013-01-22T22:21:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Public IBM Installation Manager repository for IBM Data Studio

‏2012-08-19T17:41:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    What do you mean exactly ?

Did you tried the 3rd method "Installation Manager" ?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/data/

This is the "Online Installer"
    • JamesBrooks
      JamesBrooks
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T17:24:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I have IM 1.6.0 installed, and I would like to use that to install the Data Studio 3.1.1, and a fix for DB2 V10.1 fp1. When I try to start the installer I downloaded from install option #3, I get "Exit code-13". when I try it silently, it sees the IM already installed and says to use that.

How can I use an installed IM to install Data Studio?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1632 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:19:16Z  in response to JamesBrooks
        Hi, from the install option #3, which link did you click? Did you click on "Installation Manager" link or the green "Download" button next to it?
        • JamesBrooks
          JamesBrooks
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:25:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Green Download button
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            1632 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:33:45Z  in response to JamesBrooks
            So that means you downloaded a small executable IBMIM_win32.exe correct? Just want to confirm, after you double clicked on IBMIM_win32.exe, then you get an error? Can you attach the screen shot of the error?

You also mentioned that you ran it silently. How did you run it silently?
            • JamesBrooks
              JamesBrooks
              5 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:41:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              apologies. I should say I am running Linux at this point. RH6.3
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                1632 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:46:56Z  in response to JamesBrooks
                OK. Please clarify my other questions.
                • JamesBrooks
                  JamesBrooks
                  5 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T19:53:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  I installed in windows, got the repository from that install, and pointed my Linux IM at that repository. That allowed me to install DS.

https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.datastudio.int.e36/
                  Why can't that just be posted, rather than the other stuff?
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    1632 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T23:51:34Z  in response to JamesBrooks
                    The IBMIM_win32.exe and IBMIM_linux.zip were designed to get the repository and insert it in your copy of Installation Manager automatically. It would detect to see if you already have an up to date version of IM or not. If you don't, it will install it. If you do, it will reuse it. Unfortunately, in your case, there's a glitch. Glad to hear that you found a work-around though. I know you said the error was exit code 13. Were there more details than that? If yes, please send them and I'll follow up with the Installation Manager team.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T20:08:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I successfully installed (and ran) IBM Data Studio 3.1.1 using the downloaded Installation Manager Windows .exe (which I think correctly used my recent Installation Manager version though it did not say that it was doing so and appeared to load its own version.)

Then, I went to the Update option in Installation Manager. After selecting the IBM Data Studio option and clicking Next, there is a red X at the top of the screen that says:

The following repositories are not connected:
    -http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/data/studio/foundation/311/updates/
    -http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/data/studio/foundation/311/extensions/

Is this something that is intended for me to ignore? I wouldn't expect there to be updates at this point anyway but it is a curious error message. (In that it doesn't sound like the update check successfully checked these 2 repositories.) I do see the repository the OP mentioned here in my List of Repositories, FWIW.

-shannon
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1632 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T20:11:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Sorry, it was actually JamesBrooks that mentioned the repo not the OP.

-shannon
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1632 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T21:06:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Please ignore those messages. Basically what that means is that there hasn't been any "official" updates or fixpacks for DS 3.1.1. There have been some interim fixes however. And you can find them on Fix Central here http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/. On the Select Product tab, choose Information Management. Then select IBM Data Studio. Then 3.1.1 as the installed version and just follow the flow. Once you download those interim fixes, make sure you go through the readme to install them. We're working on linking those interim fixes to the update site too, but that will take some time.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-02T23:38:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Does anyone have a way to clear (delete) Installation Manager v1.6 from my windows system? I can't remove it using 'add/remove pgms', I can't install a version explicitly (Error during "install" phase:
    Plug-in "com.ibm.cic.agent.core.nativeInstallAdapter.win32" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.adapters.nativeAdapter.win32.WinPlatformOperationsProvider".), and the version that comes with Data Studio complains that it can't find a file to run probably due to the flux that Installation Manager is now in.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1632 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T22:21:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Not sure if this is still a problem, but if you email me at haotran AT us.ibm.com, then I can walk you through it.