Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-22T10:58:58Z by fjb_saper
reodavle
reodavle
7 Posts

Pinned topic Subclipse and Message Broker v.8 Toolkit

‏2012-08-15T08:52:07Z |
I was able to successfully install the Subclipse v.1.8.* via the update site (http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x). I added first the mylyn update site (http://download.eclipse.org/tools/mylyn/update/e3.4/) because the toolkit seemed to be missing some mylyn packages required by Subclipse.

However, after restarting the Toolkit, The SVN view and perspective doesn't show up in the 'Show View' or 'Open Perspective' Dialog.

Is the Subclipse Plug-in compatible with Message Broker 8 Toolkit? Anybody got Subclipse running ok?
Updated on 2013-02-22T10:58:58Z at 2013-02-22T10:58:58Z by fjb_saper
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4179 Posts

Re: Subclipse and Message Broker v.8 Toolkit

‏2012-08-21T10:15:27Z  
    ...works fine... We have WMB broker toolkit 8.0.0.0 (i.e. based on eclipse 3.6) with extra installation of Tigris Subclipse SVNclient 1.8.11 and mylyn-3.7.1.v20120425-0100... altogether working fine.

The subclipse and mylyn plug-ins were added after the regular toolkit installation via the native Eclipse Help > Install new software... (but not copying plugins and features across).

Worth knowing: If you also run the extension "Transformation extender for Integration servers" on shall opt for the (windows > preferences > ...svn ) SVN Interface = SVNKit in place of JavaHL SVN client... otherwise sharing the TX map development projects report webDAV errors.

TIP 1: the Eclipse Refresh does not always work from the Java view, one must switch to the Broker Application view and refresh there before sharing projects

TIP 2: the sharing of "Applications" or "broker libraries" can also be problematic and we had to try some variant "assemblies" of independent message flow projects + broker libraries/applications to get the SVN sync working fine. To say it a bit more precisely, an SVN sync of an "independent resource" (as labelled under Broker Application perspective) always works fine, whereas the SVN Sync of an "Application" or "library" is only indirect -- an extra window pops out and proposes to sync the "underlying" projects -- with, sometimes(!?!), weird failures.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4179 Posts

‏2012-08-21T10:19:10Z  
    ...works fine... We have WMB broker toolkit 8.0.0.0 (i.e. based on eclipse 3.6) with extra installation of Tigris Subclipse SVNclient 1.8.11 and mylyn-3.7.1.v20120425-0100... altogether working fine.

The subclipse and mylyn plug-ins were added after the regular toolkit installation via the native Eclipse Help > Install new software... (but not copying plugins and features across).

Worth knowing: If you also run the extension "Transformation extender for Integration servers" on shall opt for the (windows > preferences > ...svn ) SVN Interface = SVNKit in place of JavaHL SVN client... otherwise sharing the TX map development projects report webDAV errors.

TIP 1: the Eclipse Refresh does not always work from the Java view, one must switch to the Broker Application view and refresh there before sharing projects

TIP 2: the sharing of "Applications" or "broker libraries" can also be problematic and we had to try some variant "assemblies" of independent message flow projects + broker libraries/applications to get the SVN sync working fine. To say it a bit more precisely, an SVN sync of an "independent resource" (as labelled under Broker Application perspective) always works fine, whereas the SVN Sync of an "Application" or "library" is only indirect -- an extra window pops out and proposes to sync the "underlying" projects -- with, sometimes(!?!), weird failures.
    worth saying: after installation of SVN client in eclipse, you do the syn through:
    • open perspective: Team Synchronizing, etc...
    or
    • select project in the browser/tree, right click Team > Synchronize... and extra right click Team > sync on each "sub" resource in case of an application or library
  • reodavle
    reodavle
    7 Posts

‏2012-08-22T03:29:28Z  

I tried re-installing the plugin and still nothing. All I got was a
    "<SVN Repository Exploring>" in the Open Perspective window (see attached).

I think I'm going to reinstall the toolkit, then try to install the plugin again.

Thanks anyway, and the tips are noted. Hopefully it's just a messed up toolkit install.
  • reodavle
    reodavle
    7 Posts

‏2012-08-22T06:36:13Z  

Working now. After reinstalling the toolkit, I added the zipped update site of Subclipse, but didn't check the optional mylyn plugin. Realized we're not using mylyn.

My mistake before was when I got the mylyn 'missing dependencies' error, I tried to install subclipse lower versions instead of adding the mylyn update site. That must have left unnecessary packages in the toolkit install. Ah, noob. (^_^;)

Thanks again.
  • Rayudu_AP
    Rayudu_AP
    3 Posts

‏2013-02-12T22:43:33Z  

I am not sure if I am asking a dumb question.. I can see the IBM Websphere Eclipse Platform V3.3 instlaation when I check in control panel of installed softwares, however, wehen I go to my start menu to look for Eclipse, I don't see any.. Am I missing something? Could someone explain me the process to install the subversion pl;ugin for the V7 toolkit?

Thanks
    Thirupathi
  • fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    125 Posts

‏2013-02-22T10:58:58Z  
    • Rayudu_AP
    • ‏2013-02-12T22:43:33Z

I am not sure if I am asking a dumb question.. I can see the IBM Websphere Eclipse Platform V3.3 instlaation when I check in control panel of installed softwares, however, wehen I go to my start menu to look for Eclipse, I don't see any.. Am I missing something? Could someone explain me the process to install the subversion pl;ugin for the V7 toolkit?

Thanks
    Thirupathi
    Plug-ins to eclipse don't show up in the installed software list.
    You need to open the eclipse instance you installed it in.