Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T16:21:18Z by SystemAdmin
P_Woodworth
P_Woodworth
12 Posts

Pinned topic Exporting a relationship property in SA to a link in Focal Point?

‏2012-08-15T02:35:38Z |
Can anybody help advise if it is possible and if so what is the trick to exporting a oneof property on a definition in SA to a link attribute on an element in Focal Point?
Updated on 2013-02-08T16:21:18Z at 2013-02-08T16:21:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • sammyc
    sammyc
    108 Posts

Re: Exporting a relationship property in SA to a link in Focal Point?

‏2012-09-11T20:29:34Z  
    Phil - have you resolved this yet? Do you know about the SA FP integration and it's limitations?
  • P_Woodworth
    P_Woodworth
    12 Posts

‏2012-09-13T01:55:40Z  
    • sammyc
    • ‏2012-09-11T20:29:34Z
    Phil - have you resolved this yet? Do you know about the SA FP integration and it's limitations?
    Hi sammyc, No I have not resolved this. I am familiar with the SA FP Integration and it is about this integration that I am asking the question, i.e., I am using it to move data between SA and FP and have noticed it does not seem to handle Focal Point link attributes. Do you know about the limitations? If so, what are they?
  • sammyc
    sammyc
    108 Posts

‏2012-09-13T15:35:15Z  
    Hi sammyc, No I have not resolved this. I am familiar with the SA FP Integration and it is about this integration that I am asking the question, i.e., I am using it to move data between SA and FP and have noticed it does not seem to handle Focal Point link attributes. Do you know about the limitations? If so, what are they?
    Yes - FP link attributes cannot be passed, I'm not sure of the plans to change that. I do know the an IBM BP named Corso has built a more robust integration btw SA and FP to support Strategic Planning but not completely clear as to whether it will allow passing of link information.

You could submit an RFE to IBM to add this ability or you could contact Corso for details of their offering - I can help you with either of those if you need.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

‏2013-02-08T16:21:18Z  
    • sammyc
    • ‏2012-09-13T15:35:15Z
    Yes - FP link attributes cannot be passed, I'm not sure of the plans to change that. I do know the an IBM BP named Corso has built a more robust integration btw SA and FP to support Strategic Planning but not completely clear as to whether it will allow passing of link information.

You could submit an RFE to IBM to add this ability or you could contact Corso for details of their offering - I can help you with either of those if you need.
    Thanks Sam, Phil - we're about to post some videos on our SA and FP integration. It can handle link attributes and lots of other ways of integrating.