4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T10:14:54Z by Shikharani
Shikharani
Shikharani
13 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issue with ExplicitLoginFilter

‏2012-08-14T14:43:24Z |
Hi,

I am implementing ExplicitLoginFilter in my custom class to insert the details of user logging to my portal server. My portal server version is 6.1. It is working fine in my local and DEV but on SIT it is not going to ExplicitloginFilter at all. I have put my class file as jar on shared/app path of Portal server.ON SIT server Authentication is happening via LDAP.Will ExplicitLoginFilter works file with LDAP also.Do we need to do give any kind of permission on this jar file.?? Please help me out in this. I am attaching the code also.
Updated on 2012-11-21T10:14:54Z at 2012-11-21T10:14:54Z by Shikharani
  • JMW98
    JMW98
    1087 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue with ExplicitLoginFilter

‏2012-08-15T13:47:55Z  in response to Shikharani
    I would assume that the logic in the filter itself is OK if it is working in the other two environments. Have you verified it is configured properly per the IC?:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc_v615/admin/adauthflt.html

Particularly, the Authentication Service's login.explicit.filterchain:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc_v615/admin/srvcfgref.html

I assume you are not seeing the first System.out.println logged. Are you sure this is an explicit login? When you say that authentication is via LDAP, are you referring to either a standalone LDAP or federated repository and users logging in through either the default login portlet or a customized login portlet served by Portal itself? Or do users log in through an external security manager (ESM, like TAM/WebSeal or CA/SiteMinder) or SSO through some other WAS? Either ESM or SSO would be implicit logins.
    • Shikharani
      Shikharani
      13 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-16T11:12:11Z  in response to JMW98
      Hi

I tried today with Implicit LoginFilter and it is going inside that. I have checked with System.out.
      But How will I get the details of login user in Implicit Login Filter.??
      someone have link where I can find some sample code for implicit filter.?
      Thanks
      Shikha
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        30895 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-16T13:37:02Z  in response to Shikharani
        Hi,

check this:
        http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0905_buchwald/0905_buchwald.html

On the way back of the filter chain the user should be available - e.g. for PumaProfile.getCurrentUser()

Sven

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
  • Shikharani
    Shikharani
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-21T10:14:54Z  in response to Shikharani
    Thanks