Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-15T15:40:43Z by akkina9
Thampi
Thampi
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RDZ - CICS Webservice with Multiple Containers

‏2012-08-13T14:03:59Z |
Hello,

I am working on a CICS webservice project (CICS as a service provider)and we are using RDZ to create WSDL and bind files.

We have different data structures as output and are planning to use different container for each data structure of the output. It seems we need to create a "Channel Description Document" to support multiple containers.

Am very new to XML and not sure how to code a Channel Description Document. We are using RDZ 8.0.3, does that support creation of Channel Description Document?

Any documents would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance!
Rahul Thampi.
Updated on 2012-08-15T15:40:43Z at 2012-08-15T15:40:43Z by akkina9
  • akkina9
    akkina9
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RDZ - CICS Webservice with Multiple Containers

‏2012-08-13T16:00:18Z  in response to Thampi
    Hello,

RDz does not provide tooling to create a channel description document (CDD). As you might know, RDz does have the ability to consume the CDD. The following CICS TS info-center links documents how to create a channel description document: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v4r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.cics.ts.webservices.doc%2Ftasks%2Fdfhws_channeldesc.html

If you want RDz to consider providing support for CDD, please open a requirement (RFE).

Thanks
    • Thampi
      Thampi
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-13T20:57:38Z  in response to akkina9
      Thanks for the information.
      I was able to create "channel Description Document" and was able to generate WSDL using it.

Below was the channel Description Document which i used.

<channel name="rtchanel1" xmlns="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/CICS/channel">
      <container name="rtcont1" type="bit" use="required">
      <structure location="C:\Documents and Settings\r02c.cpy"/>
      </container>
      <container name="rtcont2" type="bit" use="optional">
      <structure location="C:\Documents and Settings\r04c.cpy"/>
      </container>
      <container name="rtcont3" type="bit" use="optional">
      <structure location="C:\Documents and Settings\r12c.cpy"/>
      </container>
      </channel>

The WSDL was generated and the container "rtcont2" & "rtcont3" came with "minoccurs=0" but does not contain any "maxoccurs".
      I need to have maxoccurs=unbound as i would have many occurances of the structure r04c & r12c.

Any help as to what need to be specified in the CDD or any settings by which i could get a maxoccurs of unbound.

Thanks in Advance!

Rahul Thampi
      • akkina9
        akkina9
        124 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-15T15:40:43Z  in response to Thampi
        A container either exists or it doesn't, you can't have multiple containers with the same name. There's no mechanism in the bottom-up tooling to allow structures to repeat, except by way of an OCCURS statement within the structure.