Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-12T14:21:43Z by rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
JHops
JHops
31 Posts

Pinned topic Developers cannot delete tasks in Synergy 7.2

‏2012-08-08T23:11:52Z |
We recently completed an upgrade of our Synergy server to 7.2. Now, developers with "developer" and/or "component_developer" privileges cannot delete their own tasks. They get an error message: RCCM0066E The task could not be deleted due to security restrictions.

As a ccm_admin, I can go in and delete the tasks. Would like to allow developers to delete their own empty tasks, any advice on how to allow this?
Updated on 2012-09-12T14:21:43Z at 2012-09-12T14:21:43Z by rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts

Re: Developers cannot delete tasks in Synergy 7.2

‏2012-08-10T12:17:36Z  
    Hi Jesse,

I believe that developers can delete their own assigned tasks, but only if there are no associated objects for that task. If a developer has checked out or associated objects against the task, allowing the task to be deleted without doing anything about the associated objects is likely to result in those objects not being associated with any tasks and those changes not being included in any projects, but still existing in the database. This is almost certainly not what the user would want. The user can remove the associated objects, either by deleting checked out objects (if their changes are not required), or by disassociating them from that task and associating them with some other task (if the changes are to be kept but used in some other context).

Best regards,
    David.
  • JHops
    JHops
    31 Posts

‏2012-08-10T18:22:20Z  
    Hi Jesse,

I believe that developers can delete their own assigned tasks, but only if there are no associated objects for that task. If a developer has checked out or associated objects against the task, allowing the task to be deleted without doing anything about the associated objects is likely to result in those objects not being associated with any tasks and those changes not being included in any projects, but still existing in the database. This is almost certainly not what the user would want. The user can remove the associated objects, either by deleting checked out objects (if their changes are not required), or by disassociating them from that task and associating them with some other task (if the changes are to be kept but used in some other context).

Best regards,
    David.
    Thanks for the reply David. The tasks the developers are attempting to delete are in fact empty, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts

‏2012-08-13T09:50:49Z  
    • JHops
    • ‏2012-08-10T18:22:20Z
    Thanks for the reply David. The tasks the developers are attempting to delete are in fact empty, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.
    What status are the tasks in - task_assigned, or completed?
  • JHops
    JHops
    31 Posts

‏2012-08-13T17:22:18Z  
    What status are the tasks in - task_assigned, or completed?
    The tasks were in "assigned" state. I worked this with support, and turned out to be an issue with roles. We needed to add the role 'assigner' to our developers.
  • rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
    10 Posts

‏2012-09-12T14:21:43Z  
    • JHops
    • ‏2012-08-13T17:22:18Z
    The tasks were in "assigned" state. I worked this with support, and turned out to be an issue with roles. We needed to add the role 'assigner' to our developers.
    Did the developer create the task himself or has someone registered the task and then assigned to the developer?

As I know if the user didn't create it himself, he is not allowed to delete it. It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)

Maybe this can be customized, I'm not sure actually.

And I wonder if using the assigner role helps you in this case. I would think it does not.

Kind Regards, Rainer