Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-08-06T08:36:12Z by SystemAdmin
VentyxSyspro
VentyxSyspro
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic EXPLORER open Beta Download question:

‏2012-08-04T15:13:12Z |
I have installed CICS OPEN BETA 5.1 on our mainframe and the latest EXPLORER download client on my PC. I am trying to install the CICS catalog manager example application and I am following the intructions on page 434 of the Web Services Guide 5.1. My connection from the PC to the Mainframe is a CICS Management Interface connection to a single CICS region. I have not defined a CMAS. When defining the first file definition of the CICS catalog manager example application which is EXMPCAT, EXPLORER prompts me for the name of the DATA REPOSITORY as the first field to fill out. Since I dont have a CMAS, how do I get around this prompt?

Regards.
Updated on 2012-08-06T08:36:12Z at 2012-08-06T08:36:12Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: EXPLORER open Beta Download question:

‏2012-08-06T08:36:12Z  in response to VentyxSyspro
    Hello,

The DATA Repository is the name of the system that you have connected to in my case its my applid when I'm using SMSS. The easiest way to see what it should be is go to the CICSplex Explorer view (top left) expand the top level to view your system and right click on the system and go to New -> File Definition and these fields are prefilled in.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Adam Coulthard