Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-07T14:38:55Z by vipirailo
vipirailo
vipirailo
63 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Who can i add the same dimension at context and row level simultaneously

‏2012-08-03T09:30:06Z |
I need to design websheet where user can choose parents of Entity in context (page level) and the form automatically generates children of current parent in rows
How can it be done, pls, suggest
Updated on 2012-08-07T14:38:55Z at 2012-08-07T14:38:55Z by vipirailo
  • vipirailo
    vipirailo
    63 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

How can i add the same dimension at context and row level simultaneously

‏2012-08-03T09:33:04Z  in response to vipirailo
    oops i mean How of couse in Subject
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Who can i add the same dimension at context and row level simultaneously

‏2012-08-03T14:45:59Z  in response to vipirailo
    The answer to your question lies in using the Active Form and the MDX.

You need to create a Websheet which has following 2 things:

1) A drop down using the SUBNM() which shoes only the Parent level in the dimension. You can create a subset for that and utilize that subset here.
    2) Create an Active Form which is based on a MDX (referenced in the TM1RPTROW() function). The MDX will reference to the value of the drop down you created in step 1 and will return all the children of that parent selection.

Hope that helps!
    Rizwan Kaif
    • vipirailo
      vipirailo
      63 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-06T07:51:25Z  in response to Rizwan.Kaif
      Thanks, Rizwan.
      I've already tried very simular things but w/o MDX. I used subsets in 2) with name just like parent name
      So your design is better and i'd like to know a few details.
      In 1) i've met some troubles i don't know how to be resolved. How can i create subset having only parents instead of parents and their descendants? I tried to delete children with no luck
      For active form in 2) rows will be dynamically changed after selecting another parent in drop-down 1), right. Need i to rebuild active form after changing parent or form will do it automatically
      • Rizwan.Kaif
        Rizwan.Kaif
        197 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-07T13:51:21Z  in response to vipirailo
        For step 1) You can create a subset of the Parents in the Subset Editor by using the Filter by Level option. If you are creating your subset in a TI then you will have to use the SubsetCreateByMDX() function. This function requires an MDX statement. You can use the FILTERBYLEVEL() in your MDX statement.

Creating subset in the Subset is easy but it is a manual process. Creating it through TI involves bit more steps but you can automate it by putting the TI in a Chore.

Step 2) Yes you will have to Refresh/Re-build the sheet whenever the user selects a value in the drop down. You can create an Action Button next to the drop down so that the user can click on it after doing selection in the drop down box.

Hope it is clear enough...
        Rizwan Kaif
        • vipirailo
          vipirailo
          63 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-07T14:38:55Z  in response to Rizwan.Kaif
          Thanks again Rizwan. I will try to implement design you've discribed. And it's time to look at MDX query which i've never used :)