Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-02T17:35:07Z by drdamour
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
199 Posts

Pinned topic Process Engine Node is not visible in Process Task Manager ( Single Box )

‏2012-08-02T15:54:26Z |
Hi All,

We do have single box ( ALL FileNet components got installed on the single server ) environment for non production and in that, when I hit router command, its fetching Process Task Manager ( PTM ) but in that Process Engine (PE) node is not visible. But in another non prod environment, I can able to see PE node in PTM. Please advise me any changes needed to to done to make PE node visible in PTM.

Thanks!!
Updated on 2012-08-02T17:35:07Z at 2012-08-02T17:35:07Z by drdamour
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    15 Posts

Re: Process Engine Node is not visible in Process Task Manager ( Single Box )

‏2012-08-02T17:35:07Z  
    You should always include details about your system when asking for help, like the version for starters & what OS you're on.

You can have many process task managers (PTMs) on a single server, since you say router command i think you're starting the one bundled with one of the clients like XT, this traditionally doesn't have PE.

The PE PTM on windows in CE 5.1 is by default launched by the bat file at C:\Program Files\IBM\FileNet\ProcessEngine\vwtaskman.bat. What shows up in any given PTM is defined by the taskman.properties file it uses.

i can't seem to locate the documentation on that file any more, i think IBM is trying to make it non-configurable and have the installers modify it as needed, but if you diff the taskman.properties for the PTM you like vs the one you don't it should be pretty apparent as to what you need to change.

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
    Check out our Agile ACM Catalogue: Widgets, APIs, & Components for Building Solutions