IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-30T23:52:22Z by loicjulien
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic DDL Generation omits column based privileges

‏2012-08-02T12:49:29Z |
Hi,
DDL generation for table does not generate the necessary statements for the column based update privileges. I am using DS 3.1.1

Best Regards
Updated on 2012-08-30T23:52:22Z at 2012-08-30T23:52:22Z by loicjulien
  • loicjulien
    loicjulien
    96 Posts

Re: DDL Generation omits column based privileges

‏2012-08-02T15:47:26Z  
    Hi,

1/ Would you mind adding the statement that you were expecting and the one that we generated. This will allow me to better understand if this is a feature gap, a defect, or if there is a way to generate what you are looking for.

2/ The use-case you used would help. For instance, were you using the "Generate DDL..." right-click context menu of the "Review and deploy changes" menu from our Change plan?

Thank you,
    ~Loic
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-08-03T08:30:57Z  
    Hi,
    I am trying to reply to this thread, but i can not. I do not know why
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-08-03T08:40:56Z  
    Hi,
    Sorry for the previous post. I was trying to figure out the posting problem.
    I could write the ddl statements here, so I put all in the attachment.

I connect to DB2 for z/OS 10.1 CM and I create a table by the script on the left of the
    attachment.

Then I right click on the table and select "Generate DDL" on the Data Source Explorer view.
    What i get is on the right of the attachment. No column definiton for update privilege.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-08-03T08:45:50Z  
    Hi,
    Sorry for the previous post. I was trying to figure out the posting problem.
    I could write the ddl statements here, so I put all in the attachment.

I connect to DB2 for z/OS 10.1 CM and I create a table by the script on the left of the
    attachment.

Then I right click on the table and select "Generate DDL" on the Data Source Explorer view.
    What i get is on the right of the attachment. No column definiton for update privilege.
    Hi,
    I wrote it wrong, it is.
    "I could NOT write the ddl statements here..."
  • loicjulien
    loicjulien
    96 Posts

‏2012-08-06T23:37:40Z  
    Hi,
    I wrote it wrong, it is.
    "I could NOT write the ddl statements here..."
    Hello,

We do have a syntax gap for the "UPDATE(column-name,...)" syntax. Before I find the best way to channel the requirement, would you mind confirming that this is what you would like Data Studio to generate?

Thanks,
    ~Loic
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-08-14T11:17:52Z  
    Hello,

We do have a syntax gap for the "UPDATE(column-name,...)" syntax. Before I find the best way to channel the requirement, would you mind confirming that this is what you would like Data Studio to generate?

Thanks,
    ~Loic
    Hi,
    Yes, I confirm your approach to the problem. If column-based update prvilege is given then DDL Generation should produce the output accordingly.

grant update on ... -> gives update privilege on all columns
    grant update(column-name,...) -> gives update privilege on specified columns (currently Data Studio does not generate this syntax)

I wish you best of all.
  • loicjulien
    loicjulien
    96 Posts

‏2012-08-30T23:52:22Z  
    Hi,
    Yes, I confirm your approach to the problem. If column-based update prvilege is given then DDL Generation should produce the output accordingly.

grant update on ... -> gives update privilege on all columns
    grant update(column-name,...) -> gives update privilege on specified columns (currently Data Studio does not generate this syntax)

I wish you best of all.
    Hi,

I thank you for your answer. I apologize for the delay as I was away.

I have reported your request to product management, so that this gap can be considered for an upcoming version.

I thank you for your feedback and support.
    ~Loic