Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-08-01T14:35:39Z by Jonaax
Jonaax
Jonaax
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Information about installation and architecture setup for Cognos TM1

‏2012-08-01T07:07:33Z |
Hi everyone,

I wondering if you have any useful links to documentation which describes a Cognos TM1 installation with focus on how to setup the architecture. We are having difficulties to read in the IBM documentation about how the different components (TM1 Admin Server, TM1 Server, TM1 Application Server, TM1 Application Gateway etc.) should be placed in our different network zones and how the communication between them looks like.
Updated on 2012-08-01T14:35:39Z at 2012-08-01T14:35:39Z by Jonaax
  • Jonaax
    Jonaax
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Information about installation and architecture setup for Cognos TM1

‏2012-08-01T07:13:01Z  in response to Jonaax
    FYI: We have three different network zones.

DMZ1:
    Web servers/Gateways for Cognos Business Intelligence, Cognos Planning, Metrics Manager, Cognos Mobile

DMZ2:
    Application servers for Cognos Business Intelligence, Cognos Planning, Metrics Manager, Cognos Mobile

SQL server with databases for Audit, Content Store, Planning Store, Metric Store

LAN:
    SQL Servers with datawarehouse databases
  • dusherwo
    dusherwo
    73 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T13:44:52Z  in response to Jonaax
    TM1 is far simpler to deploy than Cognos. You'd normally put all components on one server. If you are intending to have multiple TM1 instances you may want to run them on different servers but you may not need to. I know of customers who split TM1Web from the server but not many.
    You should probably say how you are going to deliver TM1 data (and input formats) to your user base, as there are around ten possibilities (mad I know).
    • Jonaax
      Jonaax
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-01T14:35:39Z  in response to dusherwo
      OK I understand, I don't know how we are going to use TM1 yet and thats why I'm wondering how the TM1 components are communicating with each other and how the client software components need to access the different TM1 components.

My currrent view is that all servers running TM1 components need incoming port 9300 open and the server running TM1 Admin Server needs the following ports open 5495/5498/12345/123456. TM1 Web is accesing the TM1 Admin Server to know what TM1 Servers available, then it also require access to the actual TM1 Servers.